Hello Everyone

ThomasTully

@BBQnBLUESOYEAH
Hi
I'm Tom, I'm in my 50's and I decided to give this a try. I have dabbled for years but never was able to "break the ice". Mainly because I worked for the railroad and was working constantly, I never practiced enough or devoted near enough time even though I had some great teachers. I have started lesson 1 of BGU 2.0 and already I'm struggling with counting, even going slow, I feel like I get spastic sometimes and screw up the count. I am hoping that with continued practice that it starts to come a little more naturally. I'm afraid if I can't get this simple part down, I won't get very far. Has anyone else struggled with this? If so, is there anything you did specifically to get better at it?
Thanks Everyone
Tom

Bob630

Blues Newbe
Welcome to the forum. Just starting out be patient, if your new to guitar your learning a whole new set of skills. Checking often here, there plenty of good folks to provide support and guidance.

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Welcome Tom. Many on the forum have trouble with counting out loud. It takes time at first. Going slow is the key. Stick with it and very shortly it will become second nature.

Ralph Sellite

Blues Chaser
Tom, I also "struggle" with the guitar, but I do notice that over time that I do get better. I also picked up the guitar rather late in life and as a result I think I'll never be a virtuoso, but it sure is a hell of a lot of fun trying to be! Keep at it, brother and don't give up! Welcome!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Tom & Welcome,
Everyone struggles with counting. Those that stick with it eventually get it down at least till they don't need to do it any more while playing (I still do when learning licks/solos).