Griff's Guitar Tone in this course

Discussion in '5 More Easy Blues Solos' started by Dewesq55, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Dewesq55

Dewesq55 Blues Newbie

I would really like to know @Griff 's gear and settings for the tone he gets from the 335 on this course, especially Solo #4, in case it's different. Does anybody know? Has anybody gotten it/close?

Thanks.

DEW

2. Griff

Griff Chief Cook And Bottle Washer
    Staff Member

I honestly font remember but it's probably my eleven rack. I use that for darn near everything.

Griff

3. Dewesq55

Dewesq55 Blues Newbie

Thanks for responding. I have found a tone I'm happy with for it using a doubled humbucker guitar into my mini Blues Driver clone into my Joyo American Sound pedal set to a clean Bassman-ish setting direct into my audio interface with a cabinet sim with 2 Bassman IR's loaded.

4. Griff

Griff Chief Cook And Bottle Washer
    Staff Member

That's probably almost exactly what I used from different companies so it should be a great approximation.

MarkDyson likes this.
  5. Dewesq55

Dewesq55 Blues Newbie

Thanks. Now if you can lend me your fingers and talent I'll be all set!

Mike A, EJG, steve o and 2 others like this.
  6. Mike A

Mike A BLUES NOODLER

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that is what it boils down to.

7. JohnTesoriero

JohnTesoriero Blues Newbie

hi, I was considering purchasing "5 more solos" but im a beginner /intermediate player and wondering if this would be too difficult to learn?? I really want to learn solos, any feedback??

steve o likes this.
  8. PapaBear

PapaBear Guit Fiddlier

You'll be fine, just take it a few bars at a time

9. steve o

steve o Blues Junior

Hi John.
    It’s kind of hard to recommend not knowing exactly where you are at in the experience spectrum. When I started Griff’s courses I had been playing for a couple of years. I could play all the basic cowboy chords which allowed me to play a lot of songs. I started with the original Blues Guitar Unleashed course and I realized that it was to tough for me. I got Beginning Blues Guitar and that was perfect. I really needed the basics of timing, picking, bends, etc. If you can do those basics skills this course would be fine. If your not comfortable performing the basic skills needed to solo I recommend starting with one of the previously mentioned courses. Griff is such an awesome teacher that without those skills and a lot of practice you could learn the solos in the course but it would be tough.