Griffs Caged Course

Stank

Blues Newbie
Has anyone taken Griifs Caged System Course? I'm slowly working through the acoustic blues course and I've played about five years but I'm pretty much stuck in the first position. I can play quite a few songs ( not blues) but they're all pretty much Cowboy open chords.

Walt H

cloudbase - Aint got time for gravity
Hey Stank,
I have not taken his caged course but I completed AGBU. And for what its worth that course will get you working all over the neck. Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed actually turned me into a guitar player.

Stank

Blues Newbie
Thank you. I better concentrate harder on ABGU. I'm slowly working thru Down To The Station. Spreading myself thin playing folk songs, 70s stuff and gospel.

ervjohns

Blues Junior
Stank, I would not do the CAGED course next. It’s good to know but not essential. Better to develop your bar chords, focusing on the E shape and A shape chords all over the neck, and also learn the pentatonic scales. You can use these skills on either acoustic or electric. Good luck whatever you decide.

Erv

Stank

Blues Newbie
Stank, I would not do the CAGED course next. It’s good to know but not essential. Better to develop your bar chords, focusing on the E shape and A shape chords all over the neck, and also learn the pentatonic scales. You can use these skills on either acoustic or electric. Good luck whatever you decide.

Erv
Thank you Erv. I have the E and A shape barre chords down but need to use them in songs more. I have pentatonic boxes memorized and play excercises in a few keys everyday but I don't use them musically.