Greetings from Belgium

WimVD

Every day I have the blues
Hi everyone.
My name is Wim. I am 50 years old and learning to play guitar since a couple of years now.
After completing the Gibson Learn and Master Guitar course, I was looking for a good Blues course and a friend recommended BGU. I am at lesson 8 now and really enjoying it.

Wim.

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi Wim and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement I'll still be hanging aound here even after Brexit :LOL:

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Welcome Wim. Gibson Learn and Master Guitar course is a good course, which I completed several years ago. There is a lot to learn about Blues Guitar, and Griff has outstanding courses towards that goal.

I also have the Gibson Blues, and Fingerstyle courses. I can assure you that Griff's courses on those subject are much better.

I have been playing guitar for 66 years, played professionally, and still learning! That is what makes it fun. :)

Tom

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Another Learn and Master alumni, welcome! I completed that course, as well as the blues and finger style courses a while ago. The main course and the finger style courses were really great but the blues course, not so much. You'll learn the blues much more thoroughly with Griff's courses.

Eric

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum Wim. Griff is a great teacher and if you stay connected on the forum, you will stay motivated.

WimVD

Every day I have the blues
So @WimVD, you are going to subject yourself to my dopey messages both at Guitar Gathering and here?!?! :eek::rolleyes:
Hi @matonanjin,
I was wondering if I would encounter some friends from Guitar Gathering here as well. So the answer is yes, and you are the first one! Good to see you here.
I decided to broaden my horizon a bit. This seems to be a very active Blues community, so I'm happy to become part of it.

Take care,
Wim.

Silicon Valley Tom

Another Learn and Master alumni, welcome! I completed that course, as well as the blues and finger style courses a while ago. The main course and the finger style courses were really great but the blues course, not so much. You'll learn the blues much more thoroughly with Griff's courses.

Eric
Good morning Eric.

We should start a club! Learn and Master alumni, on Griff's forum! I took the same three courses, and they were "alright", but I really enjoy the courses Griff has to offer. :)

Tom

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Good morning Eric.

We should start a club! Learn and Master alumni, on Griff's forum! I took the same three courses, and they were "alright", but I really enjoy the courses Griff has to offer. :)

Tom
Tom, I didn't know that you are an alumnus. @Jalapeno, Eric, Wim, I know there are some others on here. We could start a L&MG refugee subforum?:confused:
I own the L&M blues course, as well as several other L&M ones. I haven't even taken the shrink wrap off it. You know I'm a mod over at GG and a huge supporter of Steve. So many comments I've heard echo Eric's regarding comparing the two blues courses. I am going to finish SARM and then go back to BGU. I probably never will take the shrink wrap off. There is only so much time.

Silicon Valley Tom

I think that Steve is a good guy. I liked his material, and when I discovered Griff about 6 years ago, I realized that I preferred Griff's approach, and material. You learn a bit from here and there, and enjoy the ride during the process. :)

The concept of a refugee sub forum is a good one! :cool::Beer:

Tom

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Steve is a good guy. A couple years ago he was teaching at some college in Chicago. Chicago is just an hour flight for me so I did that and took a lesson from him. A very educational lesson, as you would expect. And I took a few SKYPE lessons with him to follow up. A great guy.