GP Files...?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I asked the company about the ability to read the GP6 files and as you said, the answer is no.
-----------------------------------
Hello Mike,

No, you do not have the option to enter your own tab notation in Band-in-a-Box.
In Band-in-a-Box you can enter the chords and the notation for the melody or soloist tracks. The rest of the song would be generated by the program (RealTracks and RealDrums or MIDI instruments).

There is an option in the program to display guitar/bass tabs.  Any MIDI guitar or bass instrument loaded would display tablature in the notation window. Some of the RealTracks have built in tablature, while others do not.

Below is an example of how tabs are displayed for a real acoustic rhythm guitar, playing a dixieland medium swing.

Thank you,
Alyssa
PG Music Inc.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Mike

That's too bad. I was hoping it would be useful too you. It does seem to me that I have heard of quite a few people making backing tracks from BIAB. Perhaps as Tim suggested it take some familiarity with the song and a bit a learning how to use BIAB. If I recall correctly there are a lot of samples of backing tracks on the PG Music site. It might be worthwhile to ask PG Music a few more questions.

It still might be worthwhile to put it on your Christmas wish list and then give it a try for 30 days. then again if you already have a method that works well for you maybe it won't help you.