Gotta use my Golden Ticket

patb

Blues Junior
I've looked at ;
Chord by chord blues soloing....... It looks like a whole lot of information about a sound that is not that bluesy. A lot of time in order to integrate a minimum of desirable sound into the major / minor sound.
Soloing without scales........ Looks like a way to play all over the neck albeit with a limited number of tones but integrating major/ minor and a lot more interesting and useful.
Slow blues supplement ........ Never have to buy another course. Should last the rest of my life. No doubt a good part of the technique is over my head. Seriously, this looks like the ultimate major minor integration. Is this intended for an intermediate?
I'm currently working Rythm figures for blues guitarists.
I would appreciate input from those that have done these courses.
Thanks, Pat

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Sounds like you're specifically looking for courses that deal with integrating the Major and minor sounds and your assessment of the 3 you mention sounds pretty good to me in that regard.

You might also consider "Major Minor Blues Shapes".

It is similar to " Slow Blues Supplement" in concept and content, i.e. mixing Major and minor in 5 areas of the fretboard in G, but Griff wrote it after SBS to provide solo examples that are more accessible to us mere mortals.

From the catalog ….

“Major Minor Blues Shapes is all about combining the major and minor blues sounds using 5 solos in the 5 regions of the fretboard. There are exercises to improve your ability to use the root notes as pivot points between the sounds and the solo examples have been kept at an easy technical level - more like 5 Easy Blues Solos than The Slow Blues Supplement.”

Last edited:

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Slow Blue Supplement is Griff's no holds barred course. A section is devoted to each of the five positions and the major/minor aspects of each. Finish it and you will know the fretboard. And he held nothing back, the solos are fast and difficult. I'm working on it slowly and a lifetime is a good guess on how long it'll take to finish. I'm only up to second position solos. As challenging as it gets.
Chord by Chord is soloing using chord tones and arpeggios rather than maj/min scales. I haven't gotten further than learning some arpeggios and practicing running them up and down the neck. A different approach. It's tough for me to integrate it in my playing, but I honestly have given it a great effort yet.
I haven't looked at SWS.