good chord site

L

Lame_Pinky

A year plus , eh ? Lets see how your memory is going then ; 560  member for 469 days (thats a year plus !)  LP member for 206 days.So is it it old age getting to you ?

LP

G

Garymcm

maybe with LP around it just SEEMs that he's been around longer!!! ;)

Your team win on the weekend LP?? real season's getting close! Big Bad Baz is coming into form? (I just put some money on the Saints! not my team but think they heart too much last year to let it slip).

cheers

L

Lame_Pinky

If Voss gets the The Fev & Brownie combination to work then look out !  :eek: Saints , sorry no ticker in the big time , possibly a Bullies / Lions GF.

LP

...and no my side lost by 1 point however its a practice match & I expect they'll lose by bigger margins when the real stuff statrs , No Fev = No Goals !

560sdl

Blues Newbie
If Voss gets the The Fev & Brownie combination to work then look out !  :eek: Saints , sorry no ticker in the big time , possibly a Bullies / Lions GF.

LP

Anyone care to interpret this for us clueless americans?  I think we speak the same language?  But I have no clue what you just said!  

Kind of like you trying to learn theory LP?  Like sticking your fingers in your ears and going lalalalalala :)

How about the Caps?

I

IrishRover

They will go far if Alex can stay off suspension.  he's a great player - just needs to keep his emotions under a little more control............like Sid  ;D ;D ;D

L

Lame_Pinky

Let me explain for you 560. Voss well thats Vossy . Brownie is the big guy & Fev ....well he is The Fev ! The GF is the big one, the holy grail.The Bullies are the Bulldogs & look threatening particularly now that they have a " gun " up forward in Big Bad Bazza , oh btw thats Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall.No ticker /no spine / no hope = buncha dopes.The Cattery is still howling & think they can do it again but their main concern maybe off field & this may result in them taking their eyes off the ball.They're worried - along with others - that they may lose a few to GWS & especially worried about  their best
" Yaaaaaablett " being lost to GWS.That what Big Rexy , who kisses fishes , used to call his old man & many others use to cal him "God".The Blues will have a severe case of them this year, no thanks to Sticks.No Fev y'see so no one to kick the  majors!
Countdown is a little under 8 days to go now & there will always be a new" bolter from the blue " in the early part.

Hope this helps 560.

LP  

560sdl

Blues Newbie
Let me explain for you 560. Voss well thats Vossy . Brownie is the big guy & Fev ....well he is The Fev ! The GF is the big one, the holy grail.The Bullies are the Bulldogs & look threatening particularly now that they have a " gun " up forward in Big Bad Bazza , oh btw thats Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall.No ticker /no spine / no hope = buncha dopes.The Cattery is still howling & think they can do it again but their main concern maybe off field & this may result in them taking their eyes off the ball.They're worried - along with others - that they may lose a few to GWS & especially worried about  their best
" Yaaaaaablett " being lost to GWS.That what Big Rexy , who kisses fishes , used to call his old man & many others use to cal him "God".The Blues will have a severe case of them this year, no thanks to Sticks.No Fev y'see so no one to kick the  majors!
Countdown is a little under 8 days to go now & there will always be a new" bolter from the blue " in the early part.

Hope this helps 560.

LP  

We are talking WATER POLO, right?

I

IrishRover

Guys - - I think it would be like us trying to describe a zone blitz to someone who doesn't know American Football. :cool:

L

Lame_Pinky

I'm sorry 560 I was just having a little joke there  ;D The names are of players in the AFL (Australian Football League) Voss is the coach of the Brisbane Lions, Brownie (Jonathan Brown) & The Fev
(Brendan Fevola) are forwards for the Lions & 2 of the most lethal forwards in the league.Barry Hall another forward for the Doggies (Western Bulldogs) The Cattery is called that for the home ground of The Cats (Geelong) about 90 mi from Melbourne.The 2010 season starts in just under 7 days not that I'm counting  ::) & from then to the end (which is the GF - Grand Final like the Superbowl) Melbourne - the city can't think of anything but football.

LP

I

IrishRover

Before they got to where they became the NBA network, ESPN used to carry Australian Rules Football and from what I remember of it there are elements of soccer, hockey, rugby and american football.   It starts with a kind of "faceoff" in the middle of the field where they bounce the ball high in the air, most of the time you can lateral the ball like in rugby but it can also be 'passes' forward by punching it from your hand like serving a vollyball.  The object is to kick it through a double set of goal posts at each end of the field - - one point for getting it between the wide set and six for the narrow set.  It's an exciting and very rough game.  There is tackling but no pads or helmets.  Am I right LP?

I found a video explaining it

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8875610409676034333#

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
And the neatest thing about Aussie rules are the goal judges in their white coats and the way they signal the points. If you haven't watched this sport do so just to see the judges if you are not into the game.

L

Lame_Pinky

They are called goal umpires ...oh & they don't wear white coats & fedora's anymore & a few are actually female...no wonder the game has gone to crap !

LP

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Geez LP, what next ...no contact. The game was so much fun to watch with the Goal Umpires that look so formal while the mayhem was happening on the pitch.

L

Lame_Pinky

Larry we don't call it a pitch either that English Soccer we just call it the ground.

LP

L

Lame_Pinky

Last years game between Carlton (blue) & Hawthorn this match features the one the only ...The Fev  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLUmUw7UbWw

This features Big Bad Bazza in one of his most infamous moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dsiuc169_w

LP