Golden ticket

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
You'd be content to keep paying to get bonus coupons you can't use.

Yes I would. Discounted Labs, theory, gear talk, fix it online weekly talks and you can preview what ever he comes up with. If you don't like it you don't have to buy it. That's the beauty.. Golden Tickets are a side benefit to me.

I'm only been discussing the Golden Ticket, not the AAP pass in general.

Paying for other benefits is a different discussion.

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Well, you can't have one without the other.

The title of this thread is "Golden Ticket".

All the comments I, and others, have made have been addressing the AAP membership benefit of receiving a Golden Ticket.

Until Mr.Scary said:
Discounted Labs, theory, gear talk, fix it online weekly talks and you can preview what ever he comes up with. If you don't like it you don't have to buy it. That's the beauty.. Golden Tickets are a side benefit to me.

That is the first comment regarding other benefits of being an AAP member.

Up until then the discussion amongst all of us (not just me) had been specifically about the Golden Ticket, not the other benefits of being a member.

All I've ever pointed out is that members with all of Griff's courses will not have the possibility of receiving and redeeming a Golden Ticket every 60 days. Members with fewer courses will be able to do so if they always redeem their ticket the same day they get it.

Those are the facts. It's not up for debate.

If those with all of the courses joined AAP specifically for the purpose of receiving Golden Tickets, they may be disappointed.

Those who joined for other AAP benefits, may or may not be disappointed.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Yeah we keep going around in circles about this. Paleo it iseems obvious that you are very disappointed with the Golden Tickets and feel somehow ripped off. Personally, I thought the GTs were very generous on Griff's part.

If your intent is to cause Griff to change this program somehow, then perhaps you should just say what you are looking for... and ask Griff for it or perhaps ask for your AAP money back, though it is rather late for that, I would think.

I hope your complaints and circles don't prompt Griff to discontinue the program for everyone else.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Yeah we keep going around in circles about this. Paleo it iseems obvious that you are very disappointed with the Golden Tickets and feel somehow ripped off. Personally, I thought the GTs were very generous on Griff's part.

If your intent is to cause Griff to change this program somehow, then perhaps you should just say what you are looking for... and ask Griff for it or perhaps ask for your AAP money back, though it is rather late for that, I would think.

I hope your complaints and circles don't prompt Griff to discontinue the program for everyone else.

I'm not sure that was Paleo's intent. I think he was just stating the fact that if you already have everything, then your only option is to spend it on something small or wait for something big.
I'm pretty sure that he has mentioned on several occasions how great AAP in general is.
For me the Golden Ticket is a really nice thing for Griff to offer (I have most everything so I'll wait).
The twice monthly Theory, Gear & Technique sessions are worth the $$. For people that haven't already bought everything the access to all courses throws it WAY over the top and the Golden Ticket is so much extra gravy that I won't taste the turkey.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I haven't yet gotten the impression that anyone is dissatisfied with the GT or the AAP, so if I've missed something, please let me know.

The purpose of the GT was just a little something extra. I realize that most of you have most everything already, so please don't use it as the litmus test for whether or not the AAP is of enough value for you to continue with it.

And, yes, it does re-start once spent. I have no technical way to automate that process and stack them up, I can only do 1 at a time. So don't feel like you should wait when you get one :)

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
It just seems like this GT thing has come up a few times and 'going in circles', as Paleo has stated. I just don't want the discussion to be discouraging to those who may be thinking of signing up for AAP or it to bring a halt to the program.

People must already realize that the GTs would not be useful to them, if they already own every BGU course.

For me, I think the GT is a nice feature of the AAP program. It's obvious some may get more monetary benefit or more courses from it than others. I wouldn't consider that 'falling further behind'!

Elio

Student Of The Blues
You all just reminded me that I have been sitting on mine now for several months. Time to make a decision.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
FWIW, the Golden Ticket has figured almost zero in my estimation of the value of the AAP. It’s a nice perk but that’s all.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I think I've mentioned before that I started taking face lessons here in town back in the spring. Mostly for the purpose of keeping me accountable to get into the music room and practice rather than just sitting around and noodling. Comparing the cost of the lessons (which are half the price of anyone else in town) to that incredible introductory cost of the AAP, the cost of the Live Sessions are waaaay cheaper, typically more beneficial and, for me, are what "pays" for the AAP in my head. Although I'm usually a lurker in them, the chance to ask Griff questions in real-time is absolutely invaluable.

As for the GT, I sometimes forget it's there as well. It's a perk I hope that Griff keeps doing. So far, I have used it to pick up whatever the latest course offering is since I've got most everything else. I think I've gotten one of the Speed Builder courses and the Trading 4s course with them so far. Do we get them every 60 or every 90 days? I don't remember. If it's every 60 I think I get one about the first of the year. It'll probably hang out in my margin until Griff puts something else out.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
New GTs come out 60 days after you use the previous one. So in order to get a 2nd you need to use the first and then 60 days later you get the 2nd....

ervjohns

Blues Junior
Personally I never (almost) download video, just the manual in PDF, print a few key pages as I need to, so AAP for me is worth having access to all of the courses, it’s all I need and the GT adds no value for me.

davidc252

Blues Newbie
When I joined AAP I thought just the Technique, Theory and Gear videos were more than worth the price.
Plus you get access to all of the courses? At that point I thought it sounded too good to be true.
Then I learned about the Golden Tickets and thought WOW!
I think that says it all.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
How about you . Did Griff change the timing of these.

In response to the actual Original Post......

Got my 3rd Golden Ticket on Monday, exactly 60 days after redeeming my 2nd one.

And I will continue to happily enjoy the many other benefits of being an AAP subscriber while I wait for the opportunity to redeem it. Maybe "Trading Fours Volume 2"?

Last edited:

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
Just a reminder my calendar reminded me I had another golden ticket to cash in today

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I've had one sitting in my bank for about a month or so. I keep scrolling through the very short list of stuff I haven't bought, and then think, I wonder what Griff has up his sleeve for us this year and when the next course is going to drop. Someday I'll spend it, but, since I've already got more courses than I'll ever realistically go through, I've surprised myself and am trying to spend it a little more judiciously.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I've had one sitting in my bank for about a month or so. I keep scrolling through the very short list of stuff I haven't bought, and then think, I wonder what Griff has up his sleeve for us this year and when the next course is going to drop. Someday I'll spend it, but, since I've already got more courses than I'll ever realistically go through, I've surprised myself and am trying to spend it a little more judiciously.
The down side to that is you don't get a new one until 60 days after using it.