Golden ticket

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
I spent my golden ticket on the classic rock speed building course according to my records I bought it August 4th and I haven't seen another golden ticket for another.November 4th would put me over the three months mark. How about you . Did Griff change the timing of these.

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
I just checked and found one I promptly used, I'm thinking it was around August the last time for me; thanks for the reminder.

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
You both should contact Griff about this.

I used my Golden Tickets on July 31 and Sept 30, which means I should get my next one Nov 30 and I intend to use it on the Trading Fours course.

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
Yeah it goes by the date you redeemed the last one. I just looked back in my emails and I used mine on July 28 and September 26.

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Thanks for the reminder. Just checked and I had a golden ticket that I had somehow missed. Used it to buy the Chord by Chord Blues Soloing course.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Yeah, I echo the thanks for the reminder to check. Had one there, used it to get Spent Money Blues.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I have the AAP, so the Golden Ticket allows me to do what exactly? I see that I have one available to use. Can you get one of the courses with DVD's and workbook for instance?

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I have the AAP, so the Golden Ticket allows me to do what exactly? I see that I have one available to use. Can you get one of the courses with DVD's and workbook for instance?

In my case it lets me download the videos instead of just streaming then. I like to have them locally.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
my understanding is the the "golden ticket" will allow you to get free a "digital" version of one of Griff's courses...if I'm wrong would someone please correct me...later.

cowboy

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
my understanding is the the "golden ticket" will allow you to get free a "digital" version of one of Griff's courses...if I'm wrong would someone please correct me...later.

cowboy

In essence, yes. It's only applicable to AAP members; with AAP you can stream any lessons in the catalog but can only download the video of lessons you've explicitly purchased. The Golden Ticket lets you access one course as though you purchased it, so you can download the video and audio files as well as the PDF documents.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
In essence, yes. It's only applicable to AAP members; with AAP you can stream any lessons in the catalog but can only download the video of lessons you've explicitly purchased. The Golden Ticket lets you access one course as though you purchased it, so you can download the video and audio files as well as the PDF documents.

Exactly, as long as you have AAP, you can do all the courses, but, when you REDEEM a goden ticket, you can purchase the digital version......but, Griff has also made available on many course, a hard copy buy out at a cheaper price so you can get the DVD and manual.

Its really a killer deal, you can try a course and see if its for you or not, or if your skill set means you go to another one

JohnJ

Blues Newbie
In addition for some reason the slow blues supplement course is not on the list to use a golden ticket for purchase

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
AAP members have streaming access to all of Griff's courses. You are, in effect, renting them online for as long as you stay a member.

When you redeem a ticket for a course, download buttons will magically appear that allow you to download the audio and video files for that course; because you now "own" it. Just as if you bought the digital version, whether you were a member or not.

Below those buttons and all the way down below the audio file player more buttons will have magically appeared that allow you to purchase the DVDs or a Printed Manual or Both, usually around $30 for both.

So, for example, you could redeem a ticket for a course that normally sells for over $100 for the DVD edition and get the same materials for $30. And still have permanent online access to the course whether you stay a member or not.

This was the draw for me to get the AAP. By redeeming a few Golden Tickets, the savings in getting the DVDs and manual this way will more than compensate me for the price of admission.

And, yes, there are other benefits on top of that.:sneaky::whistle:;):)

Last edited:

chemeagle

Blues Newbie
I just sent a PM Griff about this before I saw this thread. For me I redeemed my ticket immediately upon receiving, but then I got an e-mail that my Golden Ticket was Approved about a month after redeeming it. That would make a 90 day cycle.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I got an e-mail that my Golden Ticket was Approved about a month after redeeming it.

That's weird.

You should have gotten the approval email the same day you redeemed.

At least I always did. (Which has only been twice, so far.)

Just curious if you had to wait a month to get access to the download or did you get access that same day?

I would think the day you actually got access would be more important in your case rather than when you got the email.

Again, unless you had to wait that month to get access, as well. If that's the case, Griff will fix it.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
That's weird.

That’s been my experience, as well. I redeemed my third one this morning and (though I haven’t gotten an email as yet) it’s already activated. That long a wait was certainly a glitch.

chemeagle

Blues Newbie
That's weird.

At least I always did. (Which has only been twice, so far.)

Just curious if you had to wait a month to get access to the download or did you get access that same day?

I would think the day you actually got access would be more important in your case rather than when you got the email.

Again, unless you had to wait that month to get access, as well. If that's the case, Griff will fix it.

I had access the same day.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member

No, it's digital only, but Using the Golden Ticket will allow you to download everything in the course. (Video & backing tracks). With just AAP you don't get to download the tracks or the video.

BTW @Griff The new "Courses I Own" is nice, but for guys like me that have NEARLY everything, "Courses I Don't Already Own" would be more help. LOL