Going to work on changing my whole style

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Actually, I had seen the rockabilly reunion at Ronnie Scott's video and forgotten about that. He is nothing if not versatile! If you haven't seen the other videos from that Ronnie Scott's run with Tal Wilkenfeld on bass, they are really worth watching. It's some of my favorite of his playing.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Actually, I had seen the rockabilly reunion at Ronnie Scott's video and forgotten about that. He is nothing if not versatile! If you haven't seen the other videos from that Ronnie Scott's run with Tal Wilkenfeld on bass, they are really worth watching. It's some of my favorite of his playing.

I love watching Tal play bass she is so into the groove, it's down right sexy!

TerryH

Blues Newbie
Jeff Beck has talked about playing a Les Paul in his early days. I’m pretty sure he used a pick as well back then. The thing I like about Jeff Beck is that he has always gone his own way - a true individualist. Let us know how you get on RR.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Let us know how you get on RR.
Terry, I fully expect it will take a year or more for me to get anywhere near "comfortable" playing with my thumb and fingers. There just isn't a nice big red "easy" button to push. And I'm not abandoning playing with a pick. I have seen Jeff do both on a Les Paul in the same piece … sticking the pick in his lips and switching to thumb/fingers and back and forth.

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
Terry, I fully expect it will take a year or more for me to get anywhere near "comfortable" playing with my thumb and fingers. There just isn't a nice big red "easy" button to push. And I'm not abandoning playing with a pick. I have seen Jeff do both on a Les Paul in the same piece … sticking the pick in his lips and switching to thumb/fingers and back and forth.

Good luck with your change. I am doing same thing.....but for a different reason as I prefer to play slide and lap steel. I am going to thumb and one or two fingers. My "heroes" being Travis, Alberts King and Collins, Thorogood, David Lindley and Ry Cooder.

So, I'm going through BBG very slowly to work on thumb with fingers.