Going solo with an audience of 150 plus

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
What's wrong with that audience? The end of that song sounded like it was at one of my shows... you could hear crickets chirping.

Ahh the room is huge and very wide theres people getting starbucks and food way in the back and wandering and talking etc.

A whole bunch of these people had never met each other before so theres a lot of being polite and talking at each of the tables.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Heres knocking on heavens door live.

Normally I would just play guitar and sing but Diane was going to do backing vocals and ( well all of the songs ) we had not rehearsed together so used drum/bass track to at least keep song rolling at correct tempo. ( Same for REM One I love ).

Knocking live ==> Dylan cover live

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Heres one more video of our last song Hang On Sloopy.

Normally the crowds always get into Hang On Sloopy but I guess alcohol or the lack thereof hurt the crowd participation? I dunno ha ha Diane is doing backup vocals for me on this one she calls them out for just two people doing the whole O H I O thing but it was still a ton of fun.

I messed up / blanked out the first line of the second verse but remembered by the second line ha its not like we had rehearsed this song together brought up a friend Don to do the guitar part for this song.

Still a ton of fun Sloopy ==> Live Sloopy

Heres audio only Sloopy ==> Live sloopy

Last edited: