Going solo with an audience of 150 plus

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Big work required attendance meeting for my department on thursday. Starts at 10 am ...

Its a beautiful big modernized conference main room on 10th floor with some views of the lake.

Coffee Tea breakfast stuff and smoozing around 9:30 to 10 and those poor people are a captive audience.

Plus get bonus points for volunteering!

I will try to get some video and audio. I did draft this really excellent singer to help on some backing vocals for a couple songs and shes also going to cover Black Velvet by Alannah Myles ( going to use backing track for that and me doing some guitar ).

This should be a lot of fun. I dont think I should try selling copies of my cd at this work event though. But maybe if I promised to stop playing if they buy enough of them?

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Big work required attendance meeting for my department on thursday. Starts at 10 am ...

Its a beautiful big modernized conference main room on 10th floor with some views of the lake.

Coffee Tea breakfast stuff and smoozing around 9:30 to 10 and those poor people are a captive audience.

Plus get bonus points for volunteering!

I will try to get some video and audio. I did draft this really excellent singer to help on some backing vocals for a couple songs and shes also going to cover Black Velvet by Alannah Myles ( going to use backing track for that and me doing some guitar ).

This should be a lot of fun. I dont think I should try selling copies of my cd at this work event though. But maybe if I promised to stop playing if they buy enough of them?
What's the reason for the event and why have entertainment?

My big event today was announcement of a (fairly small) RIF.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Will try to put up video next day or two here the song I opened with just me on guitar and vocals.

But yeah the songs worked pretty good not bad for live performance. Early morning rain and Texas is so doggone big were no drum track just guitar and vocals.

Early morning rain ==> Early morning rain

REM ==> The one i love

Last edited: