Gilmourish Em

Firstly, TZ... best of luck with your surgery. I had a ruptured disc back in 2008, which didn't require surgery. A veritable gnat's ass compared to your scenario, but it was bad enough to make me appreciate how debilitating a bad back can be. Wishing you a speedy (as possible) recovery.

I have been trying to work something up on this track for a week. Nothing I try sounds good. I studied what you guys did, and one thing I needed to do was slow down and play a lot fewer notes. That helped, but I still struggle.

I even tried transcribing the chords to get some target notes, but even that is a challenge.
The bass guitar seems to be playing all manner of altered voicing.

I'm sure this is not totally correct, but it's as close as I could get:
|: Em / / / | Em / / / | Cmaj7 / / / | Cmaj7 / / / | Em / / / | Em / / / | D / / / | C / / / :| (2x)
| Am / / C | EM / / / | Am / / C | EM / / / | Am / / C | Em / / / | AM / C / | Em / / / |

E Relative Minor and E Minor Pentatonic scales, right?

Apologies if we're just supposed to shut up and play in this part of the house....

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
I have been trying to work something up on this track for a week. Nothing I try sounds good. I studied what you guys did, and one thing I needed to do was slow down and play a lot fewer notes....

Thank you for the well wishes. I think I know what your issue is...listening to me;););). Seriously, I bet if you put one of your recordings out here for us to listen to, we would not think it was near as bad as it sounds to you. I will agree with you on slowing things down and playing less notes. I have struggled with forever. I’ve made some progress but it is a hard habit to break. Looking forward to hearing your take on this one.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Apologies if we're just supposed to shut up and play in this part of the house....

No apologies necessary. However, thinking is optional in this section of the forum!
vrolijk_26.gif

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Firstly, TZ... best of luck with your surgery. I had a ruptured disc back in 2008, which didn't require surgery. A veritable gnat's ass compared to your scenario, but it was bad enough to make me appreciate how debilitating a bad back can be. Wishing you a speedy (as possible) recovery.

I have been trying to work something up on this track for a week. Nothing I try sounds good. I studied what you guys did, and one thing I needed to do was slow down and play a lot fewer notes. That helped, but I still struggle.

I even tried transcribing the chords to get some target notes, but even that is a challenge.
The bass guitar seems to be playing all manner of altered voicing.

I'm sure this is not totally correct, but it's as close as I could get:
|: Em / / / | Em / / / | Cmaj7 / / / | Cmaj7 / / / | Em / / / | Em / / / | D / / / | C / / / :| (2x)
| Am / / C | EM / / / | Am / / C | EM / / / | Am / / C | Em / / / | AM / C / | Em / / / |

E Relative Minor and E Minor Pentatonic scales, right?

Here's the source for the track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMyTgsV7_FE

Thanks for posting that link showing the chord changes. I can also hear the changes a little better on Youtube. That's probably not gonna help my soloing efforts with this track, but I am kinda proud that the only thing I was really missing in my transcription was adding the 9th to Cmaj7. (y)

Correction:
"the only thing I was really missing in my transcription was adding the 9th to the 2nd Em"
Geez.... is there such a thing as musical dyslexia?

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Well done everyone. That was a great listen. Welcome to the VJR Big Mike. It took me a second or two to realise you had actually started playing. I thought TZ had just continued on on his addition!!! And trust me that is a BIG compliment.(y)(y)(y) Well done. I look forward to hearing more.