Gig in a Box "Tone Overview" Sheet?

BlueLED67

Blues Newbie
Just bought your Blues Gig In A Box course and I am loving it so far.
I was wondering if it might be possible to post up a document which briefly covers the amps, effects pedals and the settings you used to get those great tones you have for each song? Maybe a separate ‘Tone Overview’ sheet, one for each song?
Like me, I image lots of your users may have amp and effects modelling software/apps, so even though we might not have the real things we would still be able to get a close match to your tones.
I know I would find this extremely helpful and I imaging a lot of your other users would too.
Just a thought!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Griff rarely uses actual amps for his recordings I'm not sure what he is using specifically on those recordings, but if you use and clean amp with a strat and a bit of over drive, you should get close.
On many recordings he has used an Eleven Rack and depending on the sound he is going for he may model different amps. One preset that he sent me used a Marshall Jubalee, but i'm pretty sure that he also uses some Fender models too (Deluxe, Bassman or Deluxe Reverb)

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
We talked a little about it here:
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1428727659

But basically it's the overdrive channel of my Two Rock Emerald Pro set to a little dirt (a Marshall type of sound with the gain low) and a Tube Screamer for extra boost in the solos.

Other than that, I use the volume knob on the guitar for subtle gain adjustments as I go.

Griff