Getting There

kiroba

Blues Newbie
First time that I can say, " I got this". Well, almost !  What a cool feeling to hear something so imperfect but know that I accomplished it. Only Sitting Easy Blues and the first time I ran all the way through (almost) with the ' play along.' Another day , maybe two, and then I have to go buy a mic so I can post it. Looking forward ;D

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Congratulations.

Sounds like you have your matrial memorized and that's the first step. Next is just getting it under your fingers with your own personal touch.

Looking forward to hearing it!

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ron congrats on learning the song and feeling a satisfaction to hear the music coming from your own guitar and fingers. 
Not trying to talk you out of buying a microphone if you want one, but all the recording i've done used the microphone built-in to the laptop, phone or iPad.  I do not (yet) own a real microphone.

Be prepared that recording yourself playing is a little like recording yourself singing.   Playback will sound different to you initially, but it is the fastest way to improve so stick with it.  Sometimes that song you could play perfectly over and over just will not come out right when the recording light is on.
Be patient and have fun !

kiroba

Blues Newbie
Ron congrats on learning the song and feeling a satisfaction to hear the music coming from your own guitar and fingers. 
Not trying to talk you out of buying a microphone if you want one, but all the recording i've done used the microphone built-in to the laptop, phone or iPad.  I do not (yet) own a real microphone.

Be prepared that recording yourself playing is a little like recording yourself singing.   Playback will sound different to you initially, but it is the fastest way to improve so stick with it.  Sometimes that song you could play perfectly over and over just will not come out right when the recording light is on.
Be patient and have fun !
Thanks for the good advice and warning-lol. I hate hearing my voice but I think the music will sound so much better over 'two weeks ago'. I'll try to use the playbacks as a springboard. On the mic thing, I've got an old skool flip phone and the computer is a desktop. I found some decent prices and really don't need anything fancy but I must be careful as I'm the non mechanical guy that goes to buy a screwdriver and comes home with $100 drill set  :)

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Every recording I've posted here was from the mic in my laptop. Even multitracks using Audacity. I don't have a usb interface (yet)

A few live recordings were done on my smart phone and then edited in Audacity.