Get it off of you chest! Yannow ya want to. lol

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Perhaps you should be more aware of what's going on around you when you're driving.

I'm with David on this one. In Southern California, it is not uncommon to spend a good chunk of the day sitting in stop and go traffic. It is often virtually impossible to be aware of a motorcycle lane splitting and going 40+ MPH until he zooms past you as you are essentially standing still. I can't count how many times I've thought about starting to edge into the next lane and stopped just in time to see one zoom past me with just a few inches to spare on either side of him.

Boysie

Just for fun
I agree with snarf and rancid, there are morons on both sides of the argument, but whether you ride or drive you should be aware of your surroundings at all times. The only collisions that I have had were definately caused by a car driver, I was stopped at the time, twice, also I was in my car. The only times I've fallen off a bike was when I was trail riding on dirt bikes. I have never been injured riding a bike.

lola

Blues Newbie
PTSD is horrible. I suffer from it in regards to something that happened to me when I was young. If it weren't for music and my passion for my guitar I might not be here. Playing keeps me from running off the rails and It's my only escape from reality!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
How about people that travel in the left lane no matter what

Florida recently passed a law making it an actionable traffic offense. The surprising thing is it even mentions it is not speed limit based, so even someone travelling at the posted speed limit can be pulled over if they are holding up traffic behind them.

Of course, it's also illegal to drive with your flashers on in the rain, but just about any summer afternoon on I-95 in Florida, you will see that one isn't obeyed or enforced.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
so even someone travelling at the posted speed limit can be pulled over if they are holding up traffic behind them.

I don't agree with this part at all. My opinion is that I never get irritated by someone doing the speed limit even if traffic is going faster. However, if the limit is 65 and the traffic is doing 75 you shouldn't be doing 70 because if you're speeding anyway you should keep up with the traffic. Same goes if your doing 60 in 65. But I never fault someone for doing the limit. YMMV of course.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I don't agree with this part at all. My opinion is that I never get irritated by someone doing the speed limit even if traffic is going faster. However, if the limit is 65 and the traffic is doing 75 you shouldn't be doing 70 because if you're speeding anyway you should keep up with the traffic. Same goes if your doing 60 in 65. But I never fault someone for doing the limit. YMMV of course.

I think the posted limit part is probably superfluous. How many people are going to be lined up behind a guy doing the speed limit when a cop is in the area? Around here, I get pissed off when people spy a Florida Highway Patrol and drop to 10 under the speed limit in all lanes. I'm always "that guy" who won't voluntarily contribute to a rolling roadblock. If the cop is doing less than the speed limit, I'll pass him without thinking twice.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Orlando, Florida was my first Air Force Duty Assignment, and I arrived at the end of April 1960. The first week at a new duty assignment is spent learning about the laws of the area, customs, etc. A policeman was telling us about a lady he stopped on hiway 50 for driving 50 miles per hour. The posted speed limit was 35. She said to the officer, "The sign said 50"! He replied, "Well lady, what were you going to do when you merged on hiway 441"? :)

Tom

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
This is A good one LOLA....(they are rockin' & rollin") So here is another one for you all. Some Dude 70 yr. old riding A (Full Dress Harley. Victory; Honda, Indian) passing me at 80 mph and he/she has HANDICAP PLATES, and then you see there bike sitting at the next bar; then 3 days later at the grocery pulling out their food stamps. (and that ain't no joke)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
-Federal Agencies, Sate and Local Police Spying on citizens with no cause and no oversight.
-Profit as an excuse to harm others.
-Celebrations as an excuse to riot.

lola

Blues Newbie
I really dislike people that take handicapped parking spots when in fact they're not handicapped!

They don't have a sticker and they get out of their vehicle and walk!

Last edited: