Get it off of you chest! Yannow ya want to. lol

lola

Blues Newbie
Do you have any pet peeves? I try not to get upset over stupid stuff! I guess I have an abundance of patience but this is one thing that bugs my butt. People grocery shopping. They pull into the express isle with a shopping cart load full! Dumb bunnies! And if that's not enough, they have forgotten something or got the wrong kind of whatever. They leave their cart and go get an item. Sill standing and now I am waiting for the dumb ass of a shopper to appear. She takes her time and just loafs back to her cart. My hubby and I look at each other and laugh! Nothing else you can do!

What's your pet peeve?

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
People who text while driving.....especially when making turns. Can't tell you how many times I've nearly been hit while walking across the street.

I hate that shopping thing too. People just trying to be "slick".

Elio

Student Of The Blues
People who won't pull out into the intersection when making a left turn. They invariably wait to turn until just as the light is turning red and leave you stranded in the left-turn lane!

lola

Blues Newbie
People that eat peanut butter straight from the jar. Or, they try to mix peanut butter and jelly together on a spoon but inevitably the peanut butter jar has been tainted as well as the jar of jelly! My boys take credit for this.

The men in my family who don't replace the toilet paper roll! Or, they leave the seat up.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Or you leave a box of your favorite crackers in the cupboard only to come back to one measly cracker left at the bottom of the box with a few crumbs!

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
People grocery shopping.
Mrs Snarf won't even let me go grocery shopping with her. She says I'm too vocal about several types of people that are always there. And the grocery store is probably the only place where I get like this.
  • The aisles in the grocery store are never much wider than to just be able to allow 2 buggies to pass each other. And there's always that person lolly-gagging down the aisle walking next to their buggy that is walking at the pace of a beached orca completely oblivious to the growing line behind them. Then they see something that catches their eye so they have to stop and, still taking half the aisle with their buggy and the other half with themselves, proceed to pick up the item and start reading the label. **Bonus points to them if they squat down while they're doing this. Even more bonus points if the item they see is on their buggy side of the aisle so they step behind their buggy, pick up the item, and then step back into what had momentarily become the path around them. My wife said I had to quit saying stuff to them, so I got to where I would follow and start humming loudly off-key, and, then when they would do the stop thing, would move their basket for them. Bonus points to me if they act offended when I moved their basket. I think the basket moving is what really bothered mi esposa.
  • People who come ripping out of an aisle with their buggy without first looking to see if someone is coming. I no longer screech to a halt. Instead, I mutter a loud "good gosh!!" and widely veer out of their way making it obvious who I'm avoiding.
  • If you don't go through the self-checkout, there's always that guy that, regardless of how empty or full their buggy is wait until the total is announced to start looking for their shopper's discount card and cash/card/whatever. It's not difficult, people. While the checker is scanning your stuff, go ahead and get ready to pay. **Bonus points to them if they say "I just know it's in here somewhere" at least once.
**And by "bonus point to them" I actually mean "extra punches to the head if I catch you in the parking lot when I'm done."

And, while I'm at it, get offa my lawn ya dang kids!! ;)

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Lane jumpers would be my biggest pet peeve. You know the type. You look in your rear view mirror and the perp is changing lanes constantly and cutting in front of people making them tap their brakes. This brings out my passive aggressive tendencies. You know at some point they will be trying to squeeze in between you and the car in the right lane slightly ahead of you, so I slowly speed up and trap them for awhile. It's an art form to pull this off undetected. Drives my wife crazy.
#2 would be women who leave the toilet seat down. :whistle:

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
OK - I am pretty laid back and not much rattles me, but I will confess that I have some pet peeves:
  1. Leaving the LID up on the toilet. I absolutely HATE that!. I've never had a woman in my life complain about me leaving the seat up, because it gets put down when you close the dad gum lid! I suppose it stems back to my childhood, you closed the lid to keep the flies down in the privy!.
  2. Clerks who do not know how to make change, unless the computer in the register tells them how. My goodness! How difficult is it to make change?
  3. And last but not least - Common courtesy. What on earth happened to "please" and "thank you"? Did they take a leave of absence?
OK Back to my curmudgeonly ways I reckon.

Last edited:

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
lol there is a programme over here called grumpy old men :), just old guys moaning about anything and everything :)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I spend close to two hours on the road every day between morning and evening commutes. Most of my pet peeves are traffic based. My biggest peeve has to do with dump trucks hauling sand and gravel from a quarry just a few miles west of my house. For some reason, the drivers of these trucks don't like to sit behind one another at stop lights... or else they like to drag race.

So at nearly every light the dump trucks are lined up two or three abreast. When loaded, they do zero to 30mph in about 3 days. It's always fun to sit behind them (not). Most people can just take their foot off the brake and accelerate at idle faster than these trucks can do at full throttle. It's even more fun if one of them misses a shift and stacks up a line of cars that is right on their tail. It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to finally pass one of these rolling roadblocks, until you realize there is another group of them a half mile ahead of you, just waiting to stack you up at the next light. If they all are in the same lane, you can be guaranteed they will fan out as soon as they see a red or yellow light ahead.

lola

Blues Newbie
Mrs Snarf won't even let me go grocery shopping with her. She says I'm too vocal about several types of people that are always there. And the grocery store is probably the only place where I get like this.
  • The aisles in the grocery store are never much wider than to just be able to allow 2 buggies to pass each other. And there's always that person lolly-gagging down the aisle walking next to their buggy that is walking at the pace of a beached orca completely oblivious to the growing line behind them. Then they see something that catches their eye so they have to stop and, still taking half the aisle with their buggy and the other half with themselves, proceed to pick up the item and start reading the label. **Bonus points to them if they squat down while they're doing this. Even more bonus points if the item they see is on their buggy side of the aisle so they step behind their buggy, pick up the item, and then step back into what had momentarily become the path around them. My wife said I had to quit saying stuff to them, so I got to where I would follow and start humming loudly off-key, and, then when they would do the stop thing, would move their basket for them. Bonus points to me if they act offended when I moved their basket. I think the basket moving is what really bothered mi esposa.
  • People who come ripping out of an aisle with their buggy without first looking to see if someone is coming. I no longer screech to a halt. Instead, I mutter a loud "good gosh!!" and widely veer out of their way making it obvious who I'm avoiding.
  • If you don't go through the self-checkout, there's always that guy that, regardless of how empty or full their buggy is wait until the total is announced to start looking for their shopper's discount card and cash/card/whatever. It's not difficult, people. While the checker is scanning your stuff, go ahead and get ready to pay. **Bonus points to them if they say "I just know it's in here somewhere" at least once.
**And by "bonus point to them" I actually mean "extra punches to the head if I catch you in the parking lot when I'm done."

And, while I'm at it, get offa my lawn ya dang kids!! ;)

It's too early to be laughing this hard!

lola

Blues Newbie
I spend close to two hours on the road every day between morning and evening commutes. Most of my pet peeves are traffic based. My biggest peeve has to do with dump trucks hauling sand and gravel from a quarry just a few miles west of my house. For some reason, the drivers of these trucks don't like to sit behind one another at stop lights... or else they like to drag race.

So at nearly every light the dump trucks are lined up two or three abreast. When loaded, they do zero to 30mph in about 3 days. It's always fun to sit behind them (not). Most people can just take their foot off the brake and accelerate at idle faster than these trucks can do at full throttle. It's even more fun if one of them misses a shift and stacks up a line of cars that is right on their tail. It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to finally pass one of these rolling roadblocks, until you realize there is another group of them a half mile ahead of you, just waiting to stack you up at the next light. If they all are in the same lane, you can be guaranteed they will fan out as soon as they see a red or yellow light ahead.

My youngest son drives a roadblock. He drives an 18 speed dump truck!. He's a very courteous driver. It's not his fault that it take him 3 days to reach 0-30! I just about lost my coffee! lmao

And if we sound like "old grumpy people" it's not because of our age! Certainly not mine! lol

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
My youngest son drives a roadblock. He drives an 18 speed dump truck!. He's a very courteous driver. It's not his fault that it take him 3 days to reach 0-30! I just about lost my coffee! lmao

And if we sound like "old grumpy people" it's not because of our age! Certainly not mine! lol

Well, I do live in Florida, also known as "God's waiting room." We have elevated grumping to almost Olympic sport status down here.

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler

Yeah but around here in the fall it is grain trucks. And until I quit farming in '92, I would have been driving one of them.:ROFLMAO:

Of course in the spring it is planters

Momantai

Red nose, red guitar
Well, Lola, I don't know your age, but it's also possible to be old(er) and not grumpy. I'm 62 and have to think hard to come up with something that really annoys me. :)

Update: I just read your age in another thread.....

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
You say “Thank you” to a young person for helping you. They respond: “No problem”! Do you mean it could be a problem, and why?

Apple Computer building its new headquarters a couple of blocks from our house. Talk about disruption!

Lots of Chinese and Indian residents have moved into the area. We are expected to change our lives to suit their cultures. Examples: Chinese drivers. They like to and often do make a left turn from a three lane road with turn lane, from the far right lane. An alternative is while on a three lane road, to make a right hand turn into a driveway from the far left lane. Be sure that there is lots of traffic to maximize the number of cars involved.

Rear end cars that are stopped for traffic.

Cars driving through my neighborhood with signs in the rear saying: “Student drive”!

Chinese and Indian shoppers who go to the head of lines and demand to be helped before anyone else. And the cashier helps them and lets everyone else stand there.

Being hit with shopping carts by Chinese shoppers. They drive shopping carts like their cars. They do not look or care who or what they hit. Nor will they acknowledge they did anything.

Indian kids in stores yelling at the top of his/her lungs and running full speed in all directions. Mom and dad are totally indifferent.

Chinese sneezing or coughing in your face. I am 6' 7” so they have to aim high and they do a darn good job!

We go to a local Starbucks and have done so for 18 years. The Asians began going there about five years ago. They had a news bit the night before from an Asian woman. She said: “Me muda teach me you lift skirt, stand over toilet and pee”! Well, the very next day we went to Starbucks and there was a family of three Asian women (mother and two teenage daughters).

The restroom is for all sexes (whatever flavor you may be or consider yourself to be on that day). The three women used the restroom one after another. Then it was my turn. I immediately thought of the news bit of the previous night when I saw the place. Urine all over the toilet seat and floor. You could not get within three feet of the toilet. Time to retreat and go home! :(

Tom

burlew

Blues Junior
Ya know...

I was married to a gal who would do stuff JUST TO PISS ME OFF!

Like...

Every morning...

When she would wake up...

DAMN THAT WOULD PISS ME OFF! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kevin

Man o man. . .that is sooo funny.
I'd show your post to my wife, but I'm too scared of her.

For me its traffic.

I have a 90 minute commute, each way, each day.

db