General Question on the timeline of the course

Discussion in 'BGU Questions' started by JoshuaSimon, Jun 8, 2019.

1. artyman

artyman Fareham UK

Time to take a wander down to the Virtual Jam Room at the bottom of the forum, and try out your new skills

2. Elio

Elio Student Of The Blues

You're not! :cool: I went through it completely as well. It took me about a year and a half working on it pretty much every day or two. I did version 1.0 and really need to go through 2.0. There's a lot I haven't used and subsequently forgotten.

I

#22 Elio, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    mountain man likes this.
  3. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary A Blues Legend in My Own Mind

I made it through the whole course in about a liitle over a year. I initially thought it would be about 6 months but not so. I think I wasn't ready so much for the major/minor thing at the time since I really didn't know much theory and still not as much as I should or want. Now I understand it after many courses later. I just have fun and learn what I can now .

4. MikeS

MikeS Allen, TX
    Staff Member

Kinda related from Griff today...

Wednesday from Griff Hamlin

What do you mean, "finished?"
    It's funny how often I'm asked...

"How long should I expect it to take to finish the Blues Guitar Unleashed course?" (or Classic Rock, or Acoustic... insert course name here [​IMG]:)

But if you spend any time on the forum, you'll see how many people have been through Blues Guitar Unleashed 2, 3, maybe even 4 or 5 times and find something new in it every time they go through.

I have books on my bookshelf that I've had for 30 years and, every once in a while, I crack one open and give them a re-read... and you know what?

You'd be amazed how often I find something new, or at the very least something I missed previously.

But I look at it this way... if I were to take private lessons (or worse, go back to school...) I'd spend tens of thousands of dollars for the information that is contained on my bookshelf (and hard drive)...

And I get to go whenever I want and simply open any of those books or videos up and what was once old is new again.

Right now, if you're like a lot of folks, you have a little extra time on your hands and you may be playing guitar more - that's GREAT!

Don't ignore those lessons or courses that you may have been through before... they can be a treasure trove of new information you missed the first time around.

Talk soon,

Griff

Hangnman likes this.
  5. Rad

Rad Blues Newbie

Got Griff’s email about redoing courses this morning and had to laugh. Just yesterday I re-opened BGU 2.0. I burned through a big portion of it in a few hours and was surprised by the number of things I picked up. The other plus, it makes you realize that you in fact have become better. Sometimes it is hard to see that in your own playing.

MikeS likes this.