Garage Band Redux - April 24 at Blue Note Napa

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Had our second show a week ago and got some better video and audio this time. So, here are a few videos from the performance. I won't bore you with a bunch of pop songs, so I'll just post the one I did previously (Crazy Little Thing Called Love), as well as two of the "blues" songs (Further On Up The Road and a mashup of Samantha Fish's Kick Around and Bob Seger's Old Time Rock and Roll).

The guitar player to my right has been playing for 30 years, but exclusively metal, so keep that in mind. The other guitar player and the bass player are father and daughter. Both girls are graduating high school now, so with Grandpa (me) there, I came up with the name "Generation Gap" for our band. :D

Overall we did okay. It wasn't a train wreck, but please ignore my flubbed intro to "Further On Up The Road".

david moon

Attempting the Blues
The drummer is really good.
I don't normally like bass solos but this one was OK
The heavy metal guitarist doesn't really bring anything
Old Time RR- the second vocalist didn't do anything for me and the harmonies were'nt great
But hey you're out there playin :sneaky:

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I forgot to mention the drummer is an instructor at the Napa School of Music and organizes the garage band. He plays multiple instruments, but teaches drums, piano and voice.