Garage Band 101 - Dec. 7 and 16

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Great job, Mike! Looked like everyone had a lot of fun, and the band sounded really good!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Great job. I liked the vocal on I Need to Know. The female singer is really good. Not sure what the second guitar is bringing to the party.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Great job. I liked the vocal on I Need to Know. The female singer is really good. Not sure what the second guitar is bringing to the party.

Thanks David. The other guitarist was going to play a lot more and split the solos with me, but due a bunch of real life stuff going on, he wasn't able to practice much. So, there wound up being some songs he didn't know very well and I had to pick up all the soloing as well as rhythm.

I don't know why, but I'm far more comfortable singing than playing. As it was, Tom Petty usually sings it in a higher key, so we had to drop it down a step just to make it doable. Next time, I'm going to try and get in a situation where I sing half the songs. That's what the other group that played did.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Finally got around to posting a couple of the videos from the second show. Our other guitar player got sick and one of the instructors from the school stepped in for him. He's an excellent guitar player, but I guess he didn't want to take over, so he kept his volume so low you can't hear him playing at all. The sound guy was not the greatest either. Anyway, here's Highway To Hell and I Need To Know.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Mike, that's absolutely awesome! Great job on both tunes. You showed those "kids" a thing or two! I'm smiling, big time listening to these!

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Way to go Mike! I gotta make it a point to get over to Napa next year - looks like everyone was having a great time! Your performance was excellent!!!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Nice job Mike, guitar and vocals. Your bass player needs to at least look like he's having a good time. He seems either bored or wishing he were somewhere else.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Nice job Mike, guitar and vocals. Your bass player needs to at least look like he's having a good time. He seems either bored or wishing he were somewhere else.

Well, he's only 18 and probably wondering why he got stuck next to grandpa. :LOL:
Actually though, he's a great kid, just kind of laid back.