G7, D7, C7

S

SamO

Help, beginner here.....could not tell from lesson 1,
placement of left hand for G7, D7 and C7 chords.
i.e. Finger 1, on Fret X and String Y, Finger 2 on Fret Z and String ZZ..........
Help greatly appreciated.
How do I read the chart I Lesson 1...there are 6 dots ....I only have 5 fingers on left hand????
SamO

Momantai

Red nose, red guitar
When you have two or more dots on the same fret, usually the 'lowest' fret, you need a barre. Your index finger then covers all strings. On the G7 your index covers all strings on the 3rd fret, the middle 3rd string 4th fret and your ringfinger 5th string 5th fret.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Help, beginner here.....could not tell from lesson 1,
placement of left hand for G7, D7 and C7 chords.
i.e. Finger 1, on Fret X and String Y, Finger 2 on Fret Z and String ZZ..........
Help greatly appreciated.
How do I read the chart I Lesson 1...there are 6 dots ....I only have 5 fingers on left hand????
SamO

Make sure to review the video for the lesson as Griff usually describes the best chord fingering pretty well for most of the chords.  Generally, any time there are two adjacent strings on the same fret you can use the same finger to bar both.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
It just occurred to me you may be posting in the wrong place.  Chords are not introduced in BBG until much later in the course than lesson 1. If you are starting with the BGU course without having a handle on barre chordss, you may want to consider going to the Beginning Blues Guitar (BBG) first, as it will cover them in much more detail and at an introductory level.