G

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Bill. Loved the tweedlie start, followed by some cool stuff.(y)

Paparap. Smooooooth and thoughtful.(y)

Moto. That wasn't 'pretty hot'............, that was SMOKIN!!!!!:eek: Do you remember the tongue in cheek.:p 'ventilation' comment about your studio? Now I'm starting to wonder if there's possibly some truth in it!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Paleo. Rookie nothing!!!! What a soulful 'wail' of a start to your contribution!!(y) Great job.

Anyway, what are you doing down here enjoying yourself??? Should you not be writing some new songs??:whistle:

Nice work guys... I noodled with this in the background a few times (along with other recent offerings), but just didn't come up with anything worthy. I found the extra slow tempo deceptively challenging.

Even tho I may not post, putting in some time trying to work something out (and trying to mimic what you guys did) has benefits.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Nice work guys... I noodled with this in the background a few times (along with other recent offerings), but just didn't come up with anything worthy. I found the extra slow tempo deceptively challenging.

I’m with you on the challenge of playing with the slower tempo songs. It’s been a struggle for me to let some of the notes breathe a little bit and leave some silent spaces, but I just keep posting my takes here and no one has kicked me out yet(y). Don’t worry about your recordings being “worthy”. That’s not what the VJR is about. It’s a place to get used to putting your recordings out in the public and enjoying the process of collaborating with others while at the same time pushing yourself to improve.

I’m with you on the challenge of playing with the slower tempo songs. It’s been a struggle for me to let some of the notes breathe a little bit and leave some silent spaces, but I just keep posting my takes here and no one has kicked me out yet(y). Don’t worry about your recordings being “worthy”. That’s not what the VJR is about. It’s a place to get used to putting your recordings out in the public and enjoying the process of collaborating with others while at the same time pushing yourself to improve.

Thanks... instead of worthy, I should have said "isn't pure crap". I like the friendly atmosphere of this place. It is my intention to become a regular participant and I'm working towards that goal... I have a lot of weak reasons for moving in slowly, but one actual valid reason is a work schedule that at certain times doesn't leave much time for sitting down and working on recordings. Just wait till I retire in a year or two...

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Oops! By "rookie" I meant that I noticed I was following "veterans" who had joined the forum and have been playing in the VJR long before I came along. So I'm still the "rookie" of that group, even though my first "contribution" was 2 years ago.:whistle:

Last edited: