Electric Guitars G&L ASAT Tribute tuning problem

GnLguy

Blues Newbie
That guitar likely has a 9.5" radius and a 1 5/8" width nut - I think any of the generic bone nuts that are available on Ebay will work or could easily be modified to fit. I replaced the nut on my S500 a few years ago without any issue.

Is this guitar one of G&L's Limited Edition Tribute guitars? Their Tribute guitars are generally pretty good and offer a lot of value for the money but the LTD Ed guitars were developed at the request of one of the large online retailers and they cut cost to make them more attractive. Doubt that Leo Fender would have agreed to that had he still been with us........

Attached is a pic of G&L Skyhawk Custom Shop model. The Skyhwak was one of Leo's original models that was recently brought back into production. Would love to add that one to my collection

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 8

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
The Zero Fret thingy got here. I decided it was too much work. Not a drop in at all.

So I ordered a Tusk fret. I had to lower it overall because it was way too high. I could have deepened the slots, but the radius was right, they were just all too high. So I just held it on a file and sanded it down trying to keep it square. I almost took too much off, but it's OK. I also had tod file off the extra on the ends of the nut, that stuck out past the neck.

I am happy to report that the sharp on the first few frets issue is gone now. The intonation and the first few frets are dead on as close as my Peterson tuner can tell. So now open chords sound much much better.

I still prefer the Squier Classic Vibe Telecasters that I have. So I will probably put it on craigslist. But at least I won't feel bad about selling a guitar that isn't setup perfectly!