Funk Blues in G major

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
That was nice playing JP. I tried but couldn’t come up with anything. I need to get down here more.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
***RECORDING***

***High Gain Warning***. I had to crank up the overdrive on this one to try and stay in the ballpark with JP. I'm in from 2:56 - 4:24.

One note JP, I had to pretty much max out the volume of your track in reaper just to get it up to a decent level. I think it still sounds ok but hopefully I didn't cause it to distort any.

Funk Blues in G - JP-TZ

Last edited:

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Sounding great, TZ!
You had some nice "odd note" or "odd tones" here and there which made it sound even better.
It's the kind of track that (to me) is supposed to have a "recorded-live-in-the-moment" feel to it so any oddities or even wrong notes here and there make it sound more authentic.

And the volume sounded fine.

I know I have to pay more attention to the overall volume when I record and I keep saying I'm going to work on that but I never seem to get around to it. I will have to try though because that's happening too often.
But whatever you did, it raised my volume as well and now the track sounds OK.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Sounding great, TZ!
You had some nice "odd note" or "odd tones" here and there which made it sound even better.
It's the kind of track that (to me) is supposed to have a "recorded-live-in-the-moment" feel to it so any oddities or even wrong notes here and there make it sound more authentic.

And the volume sounded fine.

I know I have to pay more attention to the overall volume when I record and I keep saying I'm going to work on that but I never seem to get around to it. I will have to try though because that's happening too often.
But whatever you did, it raised my volume as well and now the track sounds OK.
I know exactly which “odd” notes you are talking about. When I was recording the take, I assumed that I would be scrapping it and doing another one but after I listened back to it, I kind of liked the “jazz” notes that I accidentally played.:unsure:

MichaelCapella

Enjoying the blues!
JPsuff: Fun track and nice playing! Soaring tone and feeling!

Ted_Zeppelin: Very cool. Love how towards the end where you were panning the guitar to different positions in the mix. Thanks for fixing the track level. Made it much easier to work with.

Steve_Whant: Loved your entrance! Bold!

Took me a few times to get a feel for this, but as JPsuff recommended, I finally just closed my eyes and let my hands find their way. They got lost a few times but they had a good time :)

In at 5:50 out 7:08

Michael (still a kid in the candy store)