Fun night out at coda

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Great! Just getting out there and doing it! It's the best way to get good at it.

Yeah I dunno about good im still working on lower range of ok ish ha ha but i think one sorta needs once or twice a month ( for me anyhow ) getting on stage.

Im lucky theres an open mic every wednesday in my suburb this one last night farther away but in a really nice venue with huge crowd of ( younger mostly ) musicians "a trendy spot".

Im working on about 4 or 5 new blues songs ( for me ) getting comfortable going solo. Killing Floor / Help Me / Blow Wind Blow ... plus Stormy Monday.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
John has a way with an audience, real front man skills. Opened the night getting the crowd to sing along with him on Knocking on Heaven's Door, albeit Axl Rose style (young 'uns, go figure.) Fun night, fun enough to be convinced to drag a guitar next time. Put me in the John Hurley fan club.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Rock it!

I've literally had open mic lessons (part of the couple of guitar camps I went to in Monterey) and one of the things they stressed was you gotta do more than just stand up there and do your songs. Talk to the audience, forge a bond with them, make them care who you are. That goes a long way towards a charitable reaction when you flub. :cool: