Full Out Blues

Raymee

Blues Newbie
I am going to be on DVD 1 CD track 13, for a long time.I can not get up to speed say 60 BPM. It takes me to long to look at tab and look at finger placement. I will keep at it, only practice it for a wk so far. :( Talking bout BGB course. 

Ivan

Blues Newbie
I'm not familiar with that course but I'm sure it's not any different than learning anything else.

If you have a way of slowing the exercise down....Riffmaster Pro or even Audacity......slow it down to a speed that you can handle....no matter how slow. Than just increase it as required. You'll be surprised how fast you learn from learning slowly.

samwell

been here.....
I am going to be on DVD 1 CD track 13, for a long time.I can not get up to speed say 60 BPM. It takes me to long to look at tab and look at finger placement. I will keep at it, only practice it for a wk so far. :( Talking bout BGB course. 

Then why don't you put this in the BGB thread... :-?  You might get better info there, or not.... [smiley=beer.gif]

Elio

Student Of The Blues

You may want to put this under the BBG thread.  To answer your question, the most efficient way to do it by memorizing the licks.  Just start with one lick at very slow speed and then add more licks one at a time, it as you get through the song. The more of the lessons that you do, the faster and easier they are to memorize.  It makes it much easier to concentrate on fingering, tone, and tempo if you don't have to keep looking at the tab.

Rick23

Blues Junior
Raymee, I know what you're going thru, I was there not too long ago. I am on Hideaway Blues now. I suggest you take it one or two bars at a time, and just work on them over and over repeating the same few bars until you have them memorized. Then move on to the next few bars, do the same, and when you have that then put all that you have together and repeat that. Work your way through the entire blues that way, and before you know it you'll have it down. If you can record yourself, it will be a big confidence boost to listen to what you were doing a week ago, and how much you improved. One last thing helps me... its not a race to get through. Each step along the way is a blast to be enjoyed. Take your time and enjoy the ride. Good luck! :cool:

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Raymee, I know what you're going thru, I was there not too long ago. I am on Hideaway Blues now. I suggest you take it one or two bars at a time, and just work on them over and over repeating the same few bars until you have them memorized. Then move on to the next few bars, do the same, and when you have that then put all that you have together and repeat that. Work your way through the entire blues that way, and before you know it you'll have it down. If you can record yourself, it will be a big confidence boost to listen to what you were doing a week ago, and how much you improved. One last thing helps me... its not a race to get through. Each step along the way is a blast to be enjoyed. Take your time and enjoy the ride. Good luck! :cool:

Spot on.

You saved me having to type it.  :)