Full Out Blues

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
It was really good David. If you hadn't pointed out the hesitations I may not have heard them.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
I don't want to spend the money on BBG this time around with the discount code but the more I hear from this course, the more I'm interested in it. Good playing on a very interesting tune! I love the chord and riff work.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

DixiJohnson

Blues Newbie
That was really good David! I've been practicing that lil ditty for about 3 days now on & off. Ugh, lol! I'm starting off pretty much from scratch experience-wise....how long have you been playing guitar, David? You definitely sound like you have WAY more experience than I do! :)

david moon

Attempting the Blues
That was really good David! I've been practicing that lil ditty for about 3 days now on & off. Ugh, lol! I'm starting off pretty much from scratch experience-wise....how long have you been playing guitar, David? You definitely sound like you have WAY more experience than I do! :)
I'm 66 and playing bass seriously for most of that time and noodling with guitar. I got BGU in 2012 and later went back to pick up anything in BBG that I might have missed. Also learned some basic recording skills which really helped.

We are all at different stages of our journey so don't be afraid to ask questions or post a recording. Everyone here is very supportive because we've been there before.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Three days is nothing. Spend a few days playing through the tab. Then try to do it from memory. Work on the tough parts were you screw up or hesitate. Then try to record it when the backing track is running and not waiting for you. And it is supposed to be fun!

DixiJohnson

Blues Newbie
Thanks for the help David...great tips! Funny thing is I actually bought a Roland SD-2U today and one of the main things I wanted it for was to record myself practicing! This is going to be a lot of fun, I don't regret shelling out the cash for this unit now! I'll share a track someday soon :thumbup: