Free Three Months From Fender

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
I'm in, and agree this is a good promo! Good for Fender...

I gave a review of Fender Play on the TXBA Forum, and decided to post the same info here as well....

So I’ve spent about 6 weeks using Fender Play… and I’ll say that if you go in with the right expectation and mindset, it’s pretty good.

Some observations:
  • more oriented at beginners than intermediate or advanced players.
  • I find the electric blues section pretty weak. Electric Rock section is a lot better. Haven't really tried any on the acoustic side...
  • Great for learning songs, or the main riffs in popular songs. And a surprisingly wide range of artists are covered. It's a pretty big catalog and seems to be growing by the week.
  • As an intermediate player, there wasn’t much for me on the instructional, or technique side that looked like it would add any real value.
  • They’ve done a good job of implementing TAB in the practice modules. No where near as good as what you get with SoundSlice, but it’s decent.
  • Save yourself some time and just go to Songs –> All Artists (bottom of page) and then filter accordingly to see what’s available.
  • From there, add the songs you want to learn to your Favourites.
  • Don’t think you can print tabs or save them as PDF’s, which would be nice.
  • Video production of the lessons, and the quality of instructors is excellent.
That’s my experience….
In summary, great if you get it for free, but also decent value for a few months if you want to focus on learning some songs.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I've tried several times and the sign up wants a code. I can't find a code.
When I click "Get Code" it transfers me to a page that says "Enter Code".

Last edited:

ervjohns

Blues Junior
Had to try a different browser to get the code, was using Safari then tried Chrome and that worked