Free Izotope Ozone Elements

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I was trying to figure out what that software does. The videos weren't particularly helpful for me (which is unusual). The best I could find was in the youtube notes:

Effortlessly get your mixes radio- and streaming-ready with Ozone Elements. With best-in-class processing from Ozone 8, this new mastering plug-in enables you to achieve a full, rich, and loud final master

Full and rich I'm all for that but loud? I'm working on acoustic music currently and I want the dynamics present. But I've never written radio ready music anyway. :LOL:

But, free is good and I can add it to the pile of free plug-ins I've accumulated and never used :whistle::

Screenshot 2019-09-25 14.56.42.png Screenshot 2019-09-25 14.56.59.png

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I was trying to figure out what that software does. The videos weren't particularly helpful for me (which is unusual). The best I could find was in the youtube notes:

Full and rich I'm all for that but loud? I'm working on acoustic music currently and I want the dynamics present. But I've never written radio ready music anyway. :LOL:

But, free is good and I can add it to the pile of free plug-ins I've accumulated and never used :whistle::

View attachment 9063 View attachment 9064
I hear ya on that.
I've resisted many FREE downloads unless it fills a current need.

About this one:
I recently purchased it, I think I paid $100.
What does it do?
The best way I can describe that is this:
As I see it there are 3 steps to creating a marketable recording.
- Tracking - (recording phase) without a doubt, that's the most important, you can't save a bad recording no matter what help you have.
- Mixing - I hope we all understand how important that is. It can make or break a song.
- Mastering - That's the final and most mysterious step to releasing a great track.
With subtle EQ, compression, saturation a properly mastered track can stand out from the standard mix.
Appropriate use of a limiter can help bring the volume up to the standards we are use to hearing on professional songs.
Like it or not, the trend is to get the song as loud as possible without clipping.
Just imagine listening to your car radio and your favorite song comes on but you need to dial up the volume to hear it.
The next song following it is then way too loud so you turn it down.
We don't like having to do that so, over time a loudness standard has been developed and the current standard is to push the volume to the limit ( it just makes songs more competitive).

So, this software is a tool to help master a song.

I refer you to this discussion.
The original was very good, I asked if I could mess around with his recording to help me gain more experience.
I did a few things in the mix, that changed the track somewhat.
I also used a limiter at the end to bring up the volume.
I should not be the judge as to whether it's better or worse, but you can defiantly hear the difference.
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-gift-before-and-after-moto-magic.27976/

Last edited:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
for me, I have way too many sound effects and sound loops.................I have way too many plug ins already I will probably never use

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
This is why I posted this down here in the "Recording Tips & Tricks" not in the "Gear Discussions".
This only has value if you what to try to master songs.

I don't think you can look at this offer as "built it and they will come".
It's more of "if you need it here it is".
Unless you're already deep into the recording already, this is just another useless plugin.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Like it or not, the trend is to get the song as loud as possible without clipping.
This has always been my technique. However I rarely, if ever, want to boost the whole track as loud as possible. :p I like dynamics. Especially with my acoustic tracks. I'm aware the last 30 years loudness and compression and auto-tune have become defacto standards.

Thanks for the heads up, though, Captain. I've downloaded it and will give it a try when I have some tracks ready to master. If it does a "good enough" job by itself then it could save me some time in the mastering step when using Ableton.

I'm not against automating certain tasks as it can be extremely helpful and save time and am actually for it. When I use the BOSS BR1600 or the BOSS MicroBR I use the mastering toolkits that are built into the machines. The toolkits allow me to concentrate on what I'm hearing. Multitasking is beginning to slip from my abilities and not having to move sliders and turn knobs while listening helps a great deal.

Ableton Suite comes with so many tools I might find it redundant. But then again it might be useful! :thumbup:

Eric

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Tipe #23 from the moderator's handbook.
"When a post states within it's text, "this is not political," it's political...