For those of you who have blocked me - unknown!

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Though not on the forum much lately, I am at a loss to understand why someone of your demeanor would be blocked. I've always found you to be reasonable and respectfull.

It's their loss not yours. Don't give it another thought.

Last edited:

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Sorry Tom, Captain and Steve… I grew tired of all your guitar goodness you guys were flaunting at me… It’s like taking a kid to an amusement park and telling him we are only here to watch!! You are now officially unblocked (except Steve)… Please forgive me… :)

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I'm with artyman, I've never blocked anyone, nor been blocked to my knowledge, but I understand it's a tool Griff put here for those that just didn't want to put up with crap (that they perceive) from other members.

I do feel however if we all followed the forum rules a little closer ( no politics, religion or personal attacks of any kind) there'd be no need for the block button.
Best post in the whole thread. It's not rocket science why people get blocked. Some people, like myself,would love to respond to some of the political posts, but because they want to follow the forum rules, they won't. Blocking is the only way out if they get fed up enough. I don't have anyone blocked at the moment by the way.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Best post in the whole thread. It's not rocket science why people get blocked. Some people, like myself, would love to respond to some of the political posts, but because they want to follow the forum rules, they won't. Blocking is the only way out if they get fed up enough. I don't have anyone blocked at the moment by the way.
Personally, I think that we can have political or religious discussions via PM's or eMail. There is no need to engage others if something someone says upsets you. It is better to let them know how you feel and why. When you sever communications, you do not leave the possibility of exchanging ideas. You never know when that person you have dismissed, will be able to help you or you to help him/her.

As a human, I have always attempted to engage others when I found a disagreement. Some people I know like to give a person one chance, give that person a title, and sever ties. They do not have time or wish to take time, to explore what the conversation is about. Given, there are some people with whom you will avoid, to protect yourself, but those types of persons do not wish to communicate.

Tom

sloslunas

NM Blues
Well said Tom, but I try to avoid political or religious discussions in general. If I want to get in political arguments, I just need to attend a family gathering. :D
I have degrees in Political Science, Economics, And Education. I avoid all of those topics, because this is a guitar forum. If you really want to know my views, send me a private message.

Steve

Last edited:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Well said Tom, but I try to avoid political or religious discussions in general. If I want to get in political arguments, I just need to attend a family gathering. :D
How true in my case. I was a radical in the 60s, now a total conservative, but my parents are libs and think Chris Matthews has the truth.

I would go with Steyn.

Ok. no more politics...

DesmoDog

Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy
Another comment if I may, is that we seem to have "lost" a few members. You never know why. I have lost too many friends recently, and that goes with age. Panther is one, and I can think of a few more. I have the eMail addresses of a few members, but not all the ones that I am concerned about.

Strange that I should read this comment tonight. I was just out walking our new dog, and a conversation between Panther and I came to mind. I would have sworn it was a couple years ago but I went back to look after reading this and it was SEVEN years ago. Wow... Time really does fly. Anyway, I've wondered what he's up to also. It wasn't the first time I've thought about him recently, our new dog reminds me of one he told me about.

Getting a bit more on topic - I've never blocked anyone on this forum that I can think of, but I have on other forums. It's not that I take offense when someone doesn't agree with me. I typically block highly opinionated people who post all their opinions as fact, can't back it up with details, and then bully anyone who disagrees. I've got no time for that crap...

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Well if folk can read this then you know it ain't me that's the Sadman. (y)

Keep up the good work Tom. :)

Thatman :sneaky:

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Being one who views arguing as a sporting event I see no reason for this blocking thing .

When I take a step back and look at Tom with some perspective I see a respectable educated man who has formal music training as well as degrees in the technical sciences . This is very intimidating .How do you respond to a man of this type . You have to have your facts correct and you need to be able to communicate them in an intelligent manner . Think about it. Do you realize how difficult it is to do that?

Tom all I can rationally come up with is this . It's gotta be a Dodger fan. No other explanation makes sense .
:D

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
N
Being one who views arguing as a sporting event I see no reason for this blocking thing .

When I take a step back and look at Tom with some perspective I see a respectable educated man who has formal music training as well as degrees in the technical sciences . This is very intimidating .How do you respond to a man of this type . You have to have your facts correct and you need to be able to communicate them in an intelligent manner . Think about it. Do you realize how difficult it is to do that?

Tom all I can rationally come up with is this . It's gotta be a Dodger fan. No other explanation makes sense .
:D
No, not the Dodgers! :( Help! :confused: Bring back the San Francisco Seals! :)

Tom

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
It's not that I take offense when someone doesn't agree with me. I typically block highly opinionated people who post all their opinions as fact, can't back it up with details, and then bully anyone who disagrees. I've got no time for that crap...
And that, mi amigos, is why I quit Facebook. Haven't been on it in a year, and haven't regretted the decision once.