Flagstaff Blues and Brews, June 10-11, 2022 with GHSBBB!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Who's going?
when will you get there?
How long are you staying?
GA or VIP?

Who's going? Marsha & Mike (Tentative)
when will you get there? That's why I'm posting these questions. To see when I should get there.
How long are you staying? That's why I'm posting these questions. To see how long to stay.
GA or VIP? I want to hang with my BGU buddies, so....
Right now VIP extras include... TBD , so maybe not worth it???

Joe_Abrams

Blues Junior
I've been to 8 of these festivals in Flagstaff. Well run, excellent sound and always a great lineup. We are going VIP tickets this year. Going to see if having catered food, etc will average out the same as buying food from the vendors in general admission. Typical festival seating in general admission, blankets, folding chairs. There are shaded areas there but they are further back from the stage. You can dance close to the stage, or stand and take pictures if you want. Flagstaff is a lot cooler than Phoenix. Typical temps. should be in the 80's. Bring lots of sunscreen because the sun is very intense at 7,800 ft. elevation. If you have any questions, let me know, message, text ,cell phone.

t

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Who's going?
when will you get there?
How long are you staying?
GA or VIP?

Who's going? Marsha & Mike (Tentative)
when will you get there? That's why I'm posting these questions. To see when I should get there.
How long are you staying? That's why I'm posting these questions. To see how long to stay.
GA or VIP? I want to hang with my BGU buddies, so....
Right now VIP extras include... TBD , so maybe not worth it???
My questions too. Should I go I'll be alone and would like to hang with BGU peoples.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Planning on being there Friday and Saturday, leaving Sunday. Going to see the Grand Canyon first on Thursday. Getting VIP for the seats, shade and, if it's like VIP at the Doheny Blues Festival, better bathrooms (something Susan insists on).

The VIP extras are listed on the ticket page (although they seem to have a problem with punctuation). :LOL:

Randy S

Blues Junior
I am seriously considering it. We spend the winter in Scottsdale but unfortunately this is after we return to St. Louis for the summer, otherwise it would be a slam dunk. Still thinking about flying back for it. Flagstaff and the surrounding area is beautiful country- for those who have never been there will make a wonderful mini vacation.

If you go and you have never the seen the Grand Canyon set aside an extra day and see it. It is an easy day trip from Flagstaff. There is a reason it is one the 7 Wonders of the World. Another worthy day trip is Sedona-the town has become somewhat touristy but the scenery is stunning and unlike anything you will see anywhere else.

If I decide to go will definitely do the VIP thing. I am getting to old to sit on a blanket in the sun all day.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I googled the event sight---it is GOOD and easy access----the weather that time of the year---is NICE---possibly a little wind that time of year but it usually starts early in the morning and moves out by 10-10:30.---the event is on a golf course---but if you bring your clubs---I would recommend "Elephant Rock" it is a course about 30-40 minutes west between Flag and Williams.--it is a course you will never forget---don't be surprised if you got to wait for the Elk and Deer to get off the greens...it is a beautiful-fun course. There really is not to much action in Flag unless you go to the college hangouts- but there is enough to keep you busy. Later

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Great line up! Sounds like a blast... Hmmm not sure I can do it but would love to go.

Randy S

Blues Junior
A review of the calendar has brought me back to reality. Already have too many other trips planned for the summer/fall. Adding another one doesn't make any sense. Hate to miss it but....

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Planning on being there Friday and Saturday, leaving Sunday. Going to see the Grand Canyon first on Thursday. Getting VIP for the seats, shade and, if it's like VIP at the Doheny Blues Festival, better bathrooms (something Susan insists on).

The VIP extras are listed on the ticket page (although they seem to have a problem with punctuation). :LOL:

Hmm, when I go to the page, the VIP Extras says TBD...

sloslunas

NM Blues
My wife and I are driving out from southern California and going to meet my sister in Flagstaff. We'll all be at the festival Friday and Saturday, general admission. I'd love to meet some BGU folks there!
I would be very surprised if there were less than 10-15 members that are attending this event. They will be easy to spot! You can find them holding court around the nearest beer tent...

Steve

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member

We're planning on a Grand Canyon trip too. Maybe we can go together?
Let me know when you decide where you are staying. I'm thinking that the Green Tree may be ok if there is somewhere we can all get together and we can bring in spirits. If not then We're open to hotel suggestions.