Flagstaff Attendees

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
The dates is getting closer!
We've already revised our plans once or twice, How about you?
I thought I should get a feeling for who's going, Where you are staying and when you are arriving & leaving.

Please answer a few questions

Fri Phoenix-West Side Blues & Jazz
Name
Sat Flagstaff Blues & Brews
Name Solo or w/spouseFly or DriveArrival DateDep DateRoom BookedCar?
MikeSSoloFly6/96/12Airport Courtyard PhoenixNo
MikeRSoloFly6/96/12Airport Courtyard PhoenixNo
Joe_AbramsWith PegDrive6/106/12?Yes
ElioSoloFly6/96/12Airport Courtyard PhoenixYes
DennardSoloFly6/96/12Airport Courtyard PhoenixNo
MikeSSoloFly6/106/12Airport Courtyard PhoenixGA
MikeRSoloFly6/106/12Airport Courtyard PhoenixGA
Joe_AbramsWith PegDrive6/106/12Green Tree InnGA
ElioSoloFly6/106/12Airport Courtyard PhoenixGA
DennardSoloFly6/106/12Airport Courtyard PhoenixGA

Last edited:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Don't know if everyone got Griff's email, but he thinking about / trying to put together a clinic on Thursday. It's unlikely that I'll get there in time, but keep an eye out for more info.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Don't know if everyone got Griff's email, but he thinking about / trying to put together a clinic on Thursday. It's unlikely that I'll get there in time, but keep an eye out for more info.
Now @sloslunas is that gonna get you to go Gramps? I imagine the skunk @PapaRaptor and I would try to get out there, but you know we are both out of commission. And it's like a 50 hour ride for us, but we'd still go. You could practically pee out your back door and hit it.

So get movin Gramps. Life is too short.

You know I luv ya baby!

Joe_Abrams

Blues Junior
Just a reminder - It's going to be 112 degrees in Phoenix Friday. Flagstaff will be about 88 degrees on Saturday. Bring sunscreen especially for Flagstaff, 88 will feel great compared to 112 but at nearly 8,000ft in elevation the sun is very intense! See you soon!!

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I wish I was going "mostly" but on the other hand its like 72 ish right now in Cleveland.

Have fun guys try to steal a beer from Laura please and take care of yourself!

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I would love to make it but can't do---I have to pickup Sharon at the Airport down in Mesa, Az. Friday-from there we go to Roosevelt Lake and come home Sunday or Monday. (We do it that way to avoid heavy traffic) Another thing you might want to consider (besides the abnormal heat this week end) is TRAFFIC---when it get's that hot down there in the flatlands; the traffic northbound is a BEAR and I MEAN BUMPER TO BUMPER all the way and a lot of it starts Friday. It is probably close to 200 miles. If you are smart I would highly recommend getting up REALLY EARLY when it is cool and get in front of it--it usually starts getting bad around 8--8:30 am.
You are going to have the same situation if you are going back down to Phoenix Sunday-.----all that northbound will be headed southbound. One more thing, when you get to Black Canyon city--there is a 7-8 mile VERY STEEP hill--Turn off your A/C. or at the least keep a eye on you motor temp gauge--if it starts rising TURN off your A/C. I can almost garuntee you will see vehicles overheated parked on the side of the road and make for sure you stay in the left hand lane---you get trapped behind a semi or a motor home you are in for one long, hot, slow, ride.
Have fun. And take Joe Abrams. advice--- 8000' closer to the sun--lots of sun screen. Ice water and Gatorade.