Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Last edited:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I think this one has a ways to go yet, but then that's why I'm posting it in FixIts, right? :ROFLMAO:

STFM Magic Slim lesson

I've spent the last 2 1/2 weeks on it. I spent the first like 3 days on the first 12 bars, and have been working on the second 12 bars ever since. They've been more than a bit of a challenge, especially those 2 string bends. I recorded it this morning. I woke up to find that the electricity was out. A storm blew through last night and knocked the power line into our neighborhood down. So, since I couldn't do much on the work laptop, I pulled out mine, put batteries in my interface and tube screamer, plugged the guitar in, and here's what I got at about 7:15 this morning sitting in the pitch black of the electricity outage before the sun came up.

Listening back to it, I already hear some glaring things to work on and a couple of things that may not be wrong, but I probably won't do again. However, instead of pointing all those out, I'll just wait and see what Griff has to say. I figured I'd go ahead and post it like this with the duffed notes and all just because I figure that, in the space of a day, I'm probably not going to get it much better...the mistakes will probably just move to different parts of the song.

On the upside, I was worried I wasn't going to get the song memorized in time, but, since I was playing it with the only light in the room being from my laptop screen with Audacity up, I guess I can say that, for the first time in I can't tell you when, even though it's still not completely under my fingers, I have memorized a solo note for note (or all but). So yay me!! :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.