***FIXIT*** submission thread for May 30, 2023 session

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
May 2023
Please list your FIXIT request in this thread OR create a new thread in the AAP Live Session Discussion section.

If you create a new thread, make sure to put FIXIT in the thread title so it can easily be found. Thanks!
This list is for Griff's reference during the live webinar.

@MikeS
Still Got The Blues Noodling...

@Jack
Not too sure about the single note line during the choruses - fading into the notes, well...the timing is rather suspect. I gave up on trying to get a guitar sound similar to the album and just came up with something that sounded okay to me, though it sounds mighty thin after the solo when the riff is played without the bass accompanying it.

Tuning for the verses is drop D, with the G string tuned up to A, and everything's down half a step. For the rest it's just drop D and down half a step, except the acoustics which are standard tuning down half a step.

@JasonOlson
Help me prepare for BGU Live! This is a rough video, but it is the first time recording myself. Not sure why I am looking at the ground.... Intro to Red House. Help me smooth this out. It is very choppy.

@BruceJohnson

@BraylonJennings
I've been working on smoothing out the solo from Wind Cries Mary. I've been trying it in three different positions, I'm more consistent using this one. Any tips or suggestions appreciated, I'm also working on an acoustic version for open mics. On acoustic, it's very difficult for me to me to move between the verses and the solo section which I'm trying lower on the neck. Thanks.

@Alan B. Go.
Hmmm... my submission today didn't seem to appear.
Dennard came up for a little festival we had and we put together an ad hoc band.
Here's a link: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsZ6UEJ6FwMRhf8deTIeaWOr26Ac5Q?e=KvSQdT

Last edited: