First timer in 'The Virtual Jam Room' - a little Santana sound - Complete

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Great start in the VJR, BluesMadd! I'm sure you'll have some takers on this one.

mpaq

Canfield, Ontario, Canada

Mike's take
from 3:34-4:44

As you say BluesMadd, warts and all! Your take was awesome - hey I just realized were almost neighbours - I live just south of Hamilton!

Last edited:

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
Sorry, got a little piggish and took about a minute and a half, ended at 6:15 or so. :whistle: Hopefully there's enough left for another player to add a classy outro and maybe fade it out. Or just fade out the track now? Dunno...

BMW-ish Solo

Last edited:

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Nice playing everybody! That's a great track BluesMadd. Welcome to the VJR.
Great start. I stuck the 30 sec. ending on this one. Put a fork in it...it's done.

Santana BMW-ish

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
Mike's take
from 3:34-4:44

As you say BluesMadd, warts and all! Your take was awesome - hey I just realized were almost neighbours - I live just south of Hamilton!

Thanks Mike, you're too kind. Nice to see there's a few Canadians on the BGU board. Yes, we are close. I see (from a BGU forum list somewhere else) there's a few others close by (Guelph, Kitchener etc.).

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
Thank you everyone for making my first cut at the 'VJR' a great experience. I hope to keep contributing as time and talent permits.

Best,
wb

Bushwhacker

Suspect 1
Great track and great playing! Way above my skill level, but I love listening and getting ideas. I would have bought that!
Dave

mpaq

Thanks Mike, you're too kind. Nice to see there's a few Canadians on the BGU board. Yes, we are close. I see (from a BGU forum list somewhere else) there's a few others close by (Guelph, Kitchener etc.).

yea I know of Ivan, not sure about the other two ...but the canucks are definitely gaining momentum(y)
Be nice if we could put together a kind of mini regional jam at some point....I have a country property and a full PA so I could host if anyone is interested.

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
yea I know of Ivan, not sure about the other two ...but the canucks are definitely gaining momentum(y)
Be nice if we could put together a kind of mini regional jam at some point....I have a country property and a full PA so I could host if anyone is interested.

Mike, that sounds really cool. Although the thought of playing live kinda freaks me out at this point. But I hope to get over that hump someday. I suspect the probability of me attending one of Griff's BGU Live jams is remote. A Southern Ontario one much better.

wb

Marv

I play 'err' guitar.
If cowboy has another jam in Maine, it might be within reach from Ontario. gpower has snuck in from Canada a few times and made it back alive.

mpaq

Mike, that sounds really cool. Although the thought of playing live kinda freaks me out at this point. But I hope to get over that hump someday. I suspect the probability of me attending one of Griff's BGU Live jams is remote. A Southern Ontario one much better.

wb
yea I love the idea of attending BGU as well, but it just doesn't make economic sense even if our dollar WASNT in the crapper.
But playing live (in front of an audience) and playing with others are two different animals.... playing with others helps you to get to there.

I have hosted a couple jam bands in the past and I learned a lot...we had other people sit it occasionally, but it was basically a core group of beginner/intermediate players feeding off each other and trying to get better...learning the dynamics of playing with others was a real eye opener for me since like most beginning guitarists I tended to overplay and stepped all over the bass and rythym player. Now that I have a better sense of it, my biggest challenge to playing in front of an audience is remembering the chords and lyrics without a prompter or sheet music in front of me...theres no do-overs!

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
yea I love the idea of attending BGU as well, but it just doesn't make economic sense even if our dollar WASNT in the crapper.
But playing live (in front of an audience) and playing with others are two different animals.... playing with others helps you to get to there.

I have hosted a couple jam bands in the past and I learned a lot...we had other people sit it occasionally, but it was basically a core group of beginner/intermediate players feeding off each other and trying to get better...learning the dynamics of playing with others was a real eye opener for me since like most beginning guitarists I tended to overplay and stepped all over the bass and rythym player. Now that I have a better sense of it, my biggest challenge to playing in front of an audience is remembering the chords and lyrics without a prompter or sheet music in front of me...theres no do-overs!

Yes, that makes sense (two different animals). I suspect playing with a jam band will be a logical step in the not too distant future however that may come about.

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
Thanks guys, appreciate the warm welcome. Finally after almost 2 years of retirement, I've found something meaningful to do, of course other than take good care of my wonderful wife, and 6 grandkids.