First gig at a real dive bar

Stu's Blues

Blues Newbie
When I was just 60, I started a band (found others via Bandmix). We've been together about 16 months, and we played 3 gigs in 2018. Playing live and not screwing it up was much harder than I thought!
Anyway, our last gig was on November 15, at Tim's Tavern, a certified dive bar in my Seattle neighborhood. Here is a clip of me playing the solo in Sweet Home Chicago. Griff suggested that the Texas shuffle solo #6 from BGU Unleashed 2.0 would work fine for this song, so off I went.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n77s2eaorimezhy/IMG_4555.MOV?dl=0

Last edited:

jporzelius

Blues Junior
Sweet Stu. I use that same solo for Sweet Home Chicago with my band but I had to change to second 12 bars cuz I just couldn't master the timing on Griff's version. Maybe I should have tried counting ;). Anyway, nice job.

jahmer

Stu's Blues

Blues Newbie
When I was just 60, I started a band (found others via Bandmix). We've been together about 16 months, and we played 3 gigs in 2018. Playing live and not screwing it up was much harder than I thought!
Anyway, our last gig was on November 15, at Tim's Tavern, a certified dive bar in my Seattle neighborhood. Here is a clip of me playing the solo in Sweet Home Chicago. Griff suggested that the Texas shuffle solo #6 from BGU Unleashed 2.0 would work fine for this song, so off I went.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n77s2eaorimezhy/IMG_4555.MOV?dl=0

By the way, the esteemed gentleman playing guitar and singing is fellow BGU'r Leo Muller. Leo was my first contact on Bandmix and he was instrumental in locating our other bandmates, among other accolades.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I guess they don't make dive bars like they used to. Don't see any flying beer bottles! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I remember one gig we had in a little sh*t hole in Roundup, Montana. Two older women got into a royal cat fight in the middle of the dance floor, rolling around, scratching, biting, gouging, ripping clothes off, punching, kicking ... never seen anything like it in my life. We just kept right on playing and before long Bullet Bob the local rendition of a "sheriff" came and hauled them off.

Last edited: