First Day

Robert F

Robert
Wow. Lots of stuff here. Very happy to have found BGU. It looks challenging and fun. I can't wait to dig in but need to take it a step at a time or I'll get overwhelmed. I play acoustic guitar mostly but have an electric too. Started the free lessons on BGU and the simplicity of the instruction hooked me. I thought I'd start with ABGU and then explore the electric side after completing. It looks like it may take a little time. Thanks and I am looking forward to this.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to the family Robert, I'm glad you found us.
Yep, lots to see and lots to do. You've come to the right place,

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
A big welcome Robert, from one of the Aussie crew here on BGU. It's great fun, there are a load of good people here who willingly and happily support one another on our quest for guitar happiness. Take your time to browse around the forum, there are lots of topics and threads to explore, and if you have any questions, just ask :thumbup::thumbup::Beer::Beer:

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, make yourself at home.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Welcome Robert. You've chosen a great teacher in Griff. You've already hit the nail on the head as far as learning guitar goes, one step at a time, and take your time. Have fun on your journey.(y)(y)

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Welcome to the forum Robert! Good to have you with us!! Keep in mind that when you do the ABGU those lessons also lend very well to the electric guitar. When you get them down on the acoustic? Try them on the electric!! :thumbup:

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Good afternoon Robert.

I have been playing guitar (many styles) since I was 10, beginning in 1952. That includes classical, flamenco, Latin, Country and Western, Irish, and other styles. I have had several outstanding teachers, and a few years ago I became interested in acoustic guitar (steel strings) on a more "serious level". Since I am retired, I have more time to enjoy my music. So I took the Gibson "Learn & Master Finger Style" course, as did another forum member @Jalapeno (Eric). A few years later, Eric and I independently discovered Griff's "Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed" course, and our findings and experience were so similar. I would give Griff's course a ten out of ten, and to be nice, a five for the Gibson course.

The Gibson course covers several different styles of music, and Griff concentrates on Blues. I needed something for the Blues in depth, and Griff provides that in detail.

I have always felt that you can learn something from any course, be it a book or whatever. If you read a 1000 page book and benefit from only one sentence, you have gained something positive. With Griff's approach, you gain more in less time! :):cool:

Tom, in "lovely Silicon Valley" :cry:, San Jose, California