Fingerstyle

Mike G

Blues Newbie
Hi,
My name is Mike. I purchased the Beginner Blues Guitar course just over a year ago. I have been using this to learn to play an electric six string guitar.
My question is does this course teach for fingerstyle? I would like to learn to play slide better and to use fingerstyle on a six string guitar.
Thanks!

glynnd

Blues Newbie
Two of the three songs in this course are played fingerstyle. The course does not teach fingerstyle, it assumes you have some capability already. Trying to learn both fingerstyle and slide playing simultaneously would be a challenge for most people I think. Probably best to develop some fingerstyle ability playing conventionally first.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
@jmin would be able to tell you if Griff talks about playing fingerstyle in the ABGU course.

He's slowly, but surely, becoming master of the acoustic guitar.:sneaky:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
@jmin would be able to tell you if Griff talks about playing fingerstyle in the ABGU course.

He's slowly, but surely, becoming master of the acoustic guitar.:sneaky:

LOL! Thanks Paleo! You know, as I read through the post, I was trying to remember exactly how much Griff taught about fingerpicking in ABGU.
I had to go look..it's all of lesson 2. He covers Picks, Fingers, and Picks with fingers!
I'm also thinking that Griff just did a short video on the subject of fingerpicking. It may have been in a Lab or an AAP session. I'll go searching...
Found it! It was an AAP session on Feb 6, 2019 called "Fingerstyle Beginnings..."
I think that the basics are pretty easy get down, but like everything else guitar, it'll take a lot of practice to get really good at it.
Good luck Mike!
...and just to update and add, as I was going through a current ABGU latest lesson, I realized it completely involves fingerpicking (as did a whole bunch of the other, earlier lessons!) So, while Lesson 2 speaks directly to it, a lot of the course sort of requires fingerpicking.

Last edited: