Figured I'd post a pic somebody took last week end

bruce

Blues Newbie
Hey guys, (and gals...can't forget them),

Just figured I'd post a pic a friend took on sunday at  church...we're not a large group by any means, but there I am with my Strat...sometimes I get a chance to throw in some solo's. I've been playing in church bands for some time...let me think...about 20 years...man time flies...anyway, I played bass mostly for all those years, UNTIL this october when I got my Strat and some reassurance from being pretty far into BGU. Forget the bass!!  ;D  Lets play guitar!

I'm the guy with the red and black sweater ( and black Strat! :))

GRUMPY

Blues Newbie
Re: Figured I'd post a pic somebody took last week

Hey Bruce; Nice pic. I did a little playing in church also, when I was a lot younger. It was a lot of fun. You brought up a lot of old memories,(good one's). Thanks Bruce :)

bob

Blues Newbie

hello bruce
so is gospel music you all play
look as if your enjoying the gig

Tim

Blues Newbie

Bruce, right on!! I would love to play at my church. The only thing they are pretty much professional level. I would need to up my game quite a bit before being capable of joining them.

Tim

gpower

Blues Junior

Man you guys are really givin' me the itch to play in public again. Good goin' Bruce.

Pete R

Blues Newbie

Bruce, that is awesome.  You should post a recording.  I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate my playing into our church music.  Currently, we only have the traditional choir and I'm not involved with it because I can't sing.  But there is a lot of interest in introducing more contemporary music.  I started noodling around with Amazing Grace in a very bluesy style.  It sounded pretty cool, but I haven't found anyone to sing the part.

GRUMPY

Blues Newbie

Raz; We use to have what they called Jazz Mass. We would play guitars with the organ. I don't remember what songs we played, that was too long ago. :-/

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member

Nice picture Bruce!  Great report.  I'll get there one day.

johnc

systematic

Hi Bruce, Great transition from bass to guitar and you are playing so well in such a short time.  Glad to hear you are enjoying the Strat.

G

Garymcm

Have you heard Ani De franco's version of Amazing Grace. Cant say I like it but it shows that you can take a traditional song and rip it to bits to fit your sound.
Gary

G

Garymcm

sorry I forgot to say , Well done Bruce. Dont do church  but this has increased my motivation to play in public at least once.

Cheers
Gary

bruce

Blues Newbie

There are quite a bit of songs we do that would lend themselves to a blues version...not worked on that yet...we'll see about that at the beginning of the new year. Lots can be done when it's the rigt song...it's fun anyway.
I've been playing in churches for about 20 years as I,ve mentioned elsewhere, so stagefright is no longer an issue, no matter how many people  there are...so far..haven't played to thousands at a time yet, but you got to just concentrate on te work at hand:)

ihorowitz

Blues Newbie

Nice, bruce.  I'm jealous of such a regular outlet.  Please enjoy it  for me.