FGN Guitars

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
FGN Guitars have hit Israel.
They're moderately priced compared to Fender.
I'm wondering if any one here has played one and if so, what are your impressions ?

dwparker

Bluesologist
I think they used to make some of the high end guitars for Ibanez and other manufactures before these companies moved to Korea, then Indonesia and China. I understand they have a solid reputation and I have looked at them seriously myself in the past.

dwparker

Bluesologist
Translated from a Swedish web site:

Fujigen - one of the world's foremost guitar manufacturers!

Fujigen was founded in 1960 and was for a long time a so-called OEM manufacturer of guitars. Many of the big well-known brands had large parts of their production with them. And for a time, it was the world's largest manufacturer of electric guitars.
When the major manufacturers moved parts of the production from FUJIGEN to cheaper countries with poorer quality, FUJIGEN decided in 2009 to further develop the guitar and launch its own brand - FGN Guitars. These are guitars with a very high quality - which can compete with the very best but at lower prices. You do not have to pay a lot for the brand. Fujigen still makes guitars for the big well-known brands. All models have CFS - Circel Fretting System (see further below) and many models have compound radius (different radii on the neck). FGN Guitars are made in Japan. There are three different series: J-Standard (extremely affordable), Expert Series (for professionals) and Virtoso (Custom Shop).

In addition, they have the Neo Classic Series - not available on their website. Due to agreements with US manufacturers, only Les Paul models in this series are exported. FGN has seven different basic models with a number of variants of each model. The basic models are called, Flame, Odyssey, Iliad, Elan, Mighty Jazz (bass) and Masterfield (semi-acoustic)