Female Blues Guitarists

TonyS

Blues Newbie
Alexander....have a look on youtube for Chantel McGregor, Danny Wilde and Orianthi.  These 3 will blow you away.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
I've seen Debbie Davies, Ana Popovic and Susan Tedeschi at various venues.......

Debbie Davies - good player (has an old Gibson P94 in her strat bridge....I asked her)...good vocalist... fun to watch and listen to...

cowboy
I took some SKYPE lessons with Debbie Davies. She is also just a really nice gal.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
As noted above, Joanne Shaw Taylor. Check her out, she is amazing. Also, I just stumbled across Joanna Connor.

We were first exposed to Joanne Shaw Taylor on the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise. I had heard of her. I had seen references to her being a great British blues artist. You are correct; "amazing" is a very appropriate description.

Speaking of the cruise, we are now looking forward to seeing Joanna Conner on next year's cruise.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I dunno Anna p much but shes very good.

Samantha Fish and Susan Tedeschi can tear it up.

Sadie Johnson is a young player who everyone will find out about soon.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Sadie Johnson is a young player who everyone will find out about soon.
Thank you!! I stumbled across her a couple of years ago on youtube playing Hideaway, and didn't think to save the vid (or any of her playing in the band she had then) or her name. Not 2 weeks ago I was trying to find her again because I remembered that she just rocked! Didn't know her name and couldn't find her then. Found her. Thanks!!

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Thank you!! I stumbled across her a couple of years ago on youtube playing Hideaway, and didn't think to save the vid (or any of her playing in the band she had then) or her name. Not 2 weeks ago I was trying to find her again because I remembered that she just rocked! Didn't know her name and couldn't find her then. Found her. Thanks!!

Ha ha well check her and samantha fish doing black cat bone on youtube now.

I think shes still in college maybe but she was very busy this summer playing.