February 2023 Challenge - Love/Hate Relationships

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Handsome @JohnHurley came up with a splendid idea for the February 2023 challenge. Since we usually are bombarded with stuff about Valentine's Day during the month, he recommended adding a twist. So this month, the challenge is bipolar, meaning we're looking for songs that are either love songs or songs about sad, failed, bitter, malevolent, vengeful relationships as well.

The rules:
1. The song must be about a relationship. It can be an ongoing relationship or one that has ended or even a fantasy.
2. The relationship can be a great source of joy or something that has resulted in nightmares. Even one-night-stand stories are OK.
3. It doesn't have to be about a person. If you love your dog (cat, lizard, wombat), it can be about a critter. (But no bestiality songs, please).
4. As usual, you must be a featured player on the recording, on an instrument of your choice. In the spirit of love, this month can even include a banjo, bagpipes or accordion. This can be just you, strumming on a guitar and singing or you can use backing tracks or hire an orchestra to accompany you.
5. Vocals are (almost) always welcome.
6. The song can be an original composition or a cover of an existing tune.
7. If you don't like these rules, you may choose to completely ignore them and record any song you choose.
8. Recording a video where you are wearing a fuzzy pink strap (preferably holding a guitar) exempts you from all rules. You know.... pink, valentine, whatever.
9. Stretching the rules is not only allowed, but encouraged.

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hmmm...that brings back memories of my high school talent show.
I was the MC, a single act and the guitar player in a band.

As the MC, I had a few funny lines and a goofy guitar piece to fill time between acts.
It was supposed to be kinda like Tommy Smothers (old guys will know what I'm talking about).

I remember this:
"Heres' a little song I wrote, It's called I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I COULD SH@T!"
Maybe that's one of the reasons I was expelled? :cry:

Anybody wanna hear that one?:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I remember this:
"Heres' a little song I wrote, It's called I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I COULD SH@T!"
Maybe that's one of the reasons I was expelled? :cry:

Anybody wanna hear that one?:ROFLMAO:
Of course!

I had a similar experience with a song I once wrote called, "My First Cousin."
I found out I could be prosecuted in 34 states.

Last edited: