Favorite Lick

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Which is your favorite BBBS lick?  Hard to pick one out of so many great licks, but the one that I like the best (Example 3.1) is also one of the hardest for me to play!

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Which is your favorite BBBS lick?  Hard to pick one out of so many great licks, but the one that I like the best (Example 3.1) is also one of the hardest for me to play!

I haven't gotten very far (taking them slowly) but so far every one has given my fingers something to think about.  Enjoying them. 

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Mine would be the first........that's as far as I got since opening it up!

I'm sure there will be many more once I get into it.

AllanLui

Blues Newbie
I went through the whole set (all 9 DVDs). All the licks are excelent. Some are too advance for me.
I love the 60's Rock and Roll music and Slow Blues.
I am going back to revisit and try to learn and memorize some of my favorites.
My favorite ones are:
DVD 1 - Lick 1.6;
DVD 2 - Licks 1.16 and 1.18.
DVD 3 - Licks 2.3 and 2.6
DVD 4 - none
DVD 5 - Licks 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.8 add 3.9
DVD 6 - Licks 3.10, 3.13, 3.14
Slow Blues DVD 7 - Licks 4.1, 4.2, 4.4, 4.5 and 4.6.
DVD 8 - Licks 4.9
DVD 9 - Licks 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6
Songs that I can employ some of these licks inclue:
Johnny B Goode and Red House.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Going through the DVDs was the fun part. Now I have to figure out how to get the licks under my fingers and remember them so I can use them in a jam.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Going through the DVDs was the fun part. Now I have to figure out how to get the licks under my fingers and remember them so I can use them in a jam.

Boy, I'm taking these slow for two reasons. One, to get them under my fingers and two I'll have some cool licks to work on for a while that way. 

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
It's tempting to rush through them but I'm fighting that urge.  I'm working on the first seven licks and having a great time mixing them up as I said in another thread (eg play one lick twice and another lick the third time through).  Just for fun, I tried playing a shuffle lick over a blues rock jam track... doesn't work!!!

S

Sage

In 3.1, I noticed how the first finger describes a box shape moving clockwise. After I focused just on that first finger movement the lick came together, although find it easier to play without a pick.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
In 3.1, I noticed how the first finger describes a box shape moving clockwise. After I focused just on that first finger movement the lick came together, although find it easier to play without a pick.
Same for me.  My 2nd finger always wants to start the second part of the lick and I really have to focus on my first finger.  The feel of the lick really changes when you move up the fretboard as well.  I'm still working this lick because I really like it but I can see it will take a while to get it smooth.