Favorite Blues Guitar

Bob630

Blues Newbe
If you planning on buying from Sweetwater, call them about the guitar your looking at and ask for their best price don’t settle for the price listed on line. I bought a PRS SE Custom 24, after the phone call I got over $100.00 off the advertised price and 2 day shipping free. The came and it was totally playable. Couldn’t ask for better service.

psbuchanan (Preston)

Seeking cool blends between chords and lead
MIM strats are amazing value for the price. I have owned one since around 2016 and think it’s fantastic. I predominantly play blues and thumb-over-the-neck chords. The new MIM strays are called “Player Series” and the pickups have been improved to be more articulate and clear, retaining the Fender chime and removing some of the “muddiness” of previous models (and the previous models sounded fine). Not only that, but I believe they updated the tone control wiring so you can roll off the treble on the bridge pickup. Previous models did not have this.

psbuchanan (Preston)

Seeking cool blends between chords and lead
Sorry, one more thing. If you like the vintage Fender sound, check out either the Vintera guitars (comfort of modern Strats with 50’s or 60’s voiced pickups) or the “classic player ‘60s” Strat that comes with custom shop ‘69 pickups. Might need to find one used, but still, worth mentioning.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
The more I play and learn the more I am coming to appreciate hollow bodies (or Semi-hollows). I didn't think PRS had a hollow body in the SE line. If I were the OP, and knowing what I now know, I would probably go for your link rather than mine. Sorry and all due respect, Mr. Santana.;):cool:
No kidding! I did a quick search when you mentioned PRS, because I remembered they had a C22 Semi in the SE line; when I uncovered that demo model I damn near bought it on the spot. If I didn't already have the Gibby 339 I probably would have. o_O

OMG!!!!! PRS just announced Hollowbody II's in the SE line! OMG!!!! Dual humbuckers! Hollowbody tone! PRS quality and attention detail and playability! And light!! And unbelievably reasonably priced for a PRS!

I keep telling myself: Do Not Look! Do Not Look! Do Not Look!

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
OMG!!!!! PRS just announced Hollowbody II's in the SE line! OMG!!!! Dual humbuckers! Hollowbody tone! PRS quality and attention detail and playability! And light!! And unbelievably reasonably priced for a PRS!

I keep telling myself: Do Not Look! Do Not Look! Do Not Look!

Trying to figure out the difference between the “Standard” and the “II” besides the available finishes. Researching for a friend. Yeah, for a friend.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
One of my biggest regrets is, I walked away from a beautiful used PRS single cut hollow body.
I went back to check it out and it was gone.:(
That things was gorgeous cherry, played like a dream, sounded fantastic and was as light as a feather.
Silly me:oops:

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Just got an email from Chicago Music Exchange. They have the new 2020 PRS models on their website for pre-order. (I'm sure other places, Sweetwater, etc., probably do as well)

I was a little disappointed in the pricing. I always expect SE line to be sub $1000 but the Hollowbody II is $1,149. Still droolworthy and less than the core models.

Chicago Music Exchange PRS 2020 models.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Just got an email from Chicago Music Exchange. They have the new 2020 PRS models on their website for pre-order. (I'm sure other places, Sweetwater, etc., probably do as well)

I was a little disappointed in the pricing. I always expect SE line to be sub $1000 but the Hollowbody II is $1,149. Still droolworthy and less than the core models.

Chicago Music Exchange PRS 2020 models.

Yes, Hollowbody II has caught my eye too... I just wonder if it may be prone to feedback. Will have to check reviews and search around...

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe

As of last night they weren't up at Sweetwater. I was...just checking out of curiosity. Yeah, that's the ticket. :confused:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe

Yeah, that price point moves it just out of reach of an impulse purchase and into the realm of needing some consideration and planning. Also still much cheaper than Gibson branded 335/339 models, too.