Fast Walking Blues

Discussion in 'Deep Sea Blues - Little Mary's Lamb' started by jhagan421, Mar 28, 2010.

1. jhagan421

jhagan421 Guest

Squire Standard Stratocaster
    Bridge Humbucker Pickup - Tone 10
    Line 6 - Spider IV amp
    Drive 5 o'clock
    Bass 5 o'clock
    Mid 1 o'clock
    Treb 11 o'clock
    Channel Volume 5 o'clock

I tend to miss one of the two notes hear and there. (especially on camera)

http://www.4shared.com/file/251338738/30bd60a3/Fast_Walking_Blues_MED.html

2. gpower

gpower Blues Junior

Good goin' Josh! That's a tough sequence to get under your fingers. But, it's used in a ton of different tunes.

3. johnc

johnc systematic

Yeah definitely a handy and well used lesson in the blues.  You have the notes well under your fingers Josh and the sheer joy of practice will smooth out the rhythm nicely, well done Josh.

4. Ray_UK

Ray_UK Blues Newbie

Well done Josh.. I haven't reached that piece yet & it sounds like a tough one to learn.

5. Spencer

Spencer Blues Newbie

Another good one Josh. You added a nice swing feel to it also! This is one of those tunes that once you get farther along in the course it all of sudden is so easy to play even if you haven't been practicing it. Weird. Once again, keep it up!

6. SunnyOne

SunnyOne Blues Newbie

great job, you were hitting those notes without missing a beat...a couple of rough spots but you made it through!!! you're gonna be ready for BGU b4 you know it!

7. Murr

Murr Guest

Good one Josh. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Keep it up

8. jhagan421

jhagan421 Guest

thanks ;D ;D, I don't know if I feel as confindent in myself as you are, its a funny thing I feel like I CAN play anything in the BBG book, and there is just some technique or block that is keep ing me from nailing these tunes.

9. Steve G

Steve G St. Simons Island, GA

Josh,

You did great on all 3 of these recordings.  All it takes at this point is repetition and they will feel and sound smoother & smoother.  Thanks for posting all three.

10. MandyC

MandyC Guest

Sounding good. I've been trying this one too.
    You do the slow version and you are itching to get faster, then the faster version makes your fingers tie in knots!

11. jhagan421

jhagan421 Guest

Yep
    I tend to play it slowly on the first run and then on the repeat try to go much faster - still not as fast as the full speed, sometimes its goes well, only miss a couple of the double notes, and others, iI don't even Finish, but it is getting better and that is the point