Fast Walking Blues revisited (Sept./04/2011)

giayank

Just another day in paradise
very nice timing and tone David really enjoyed it. Only suggestion would be to try to reduce  the movement of your fingers. When you put your 3rd finger down try keeping your 1st finger in position on string still fretting the string. This technique will help you later on with your playing when you are doing slurs. What I like to do to practice this is to move the whole progression up 12 frets so I have to play that way. No open strings.

D

djr29hx15ty

very nice timing and tone David really enjoyed it. Only suggestion would be to try to reduce  the movement of your fingers. When you put your 3rd finger down try keeping your 1st finger in position on string still fretting the string. This technique will help you later on with your playing when you are doing slurs. What I like to do to practice this is to move the whole progression up 12 frets so I have to play that way. No open strings.

Yeah, I'm trying to remember that fretting hand fingers can remain in position, guess it's the piano player in me. When playing guitar I need to think like a guitarist  :cool:.

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
Very good David... you certainly have the notes down and I love the little bit of improvisation at the end. The only criticism I have is that perhaps you are rushing it just a tad... Instead of 'fast-walking', you seem to be almost running... Still, very well done; just learn to relax a little! Here, have a beer!

[smiley=beer.gif] 

D

djr29hx15ty

I'm working on improving my alternate picking technique and I can now play this even faster, only problem now is I've got to train my fret hand to keep up. Move over John Petrucci.......

Hey, where did all these beers come from!  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]