Fast Walking Blues- Godli

G

godlistrom

Hello friends. I try to do my tour coming out on the forum but I did not post much lately.

lesson Fast_Walking_Blues

http://www.4shared.com/audio/65uW8Nv4/Fast_Walking_Blues.html

Gear Used

Fender original vintage 1963 Americain Stratocaster standard
Vox Da-10
Audacity 1.3

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Nice. That had more of a country swing feel to it than the normal one, but I liked it even better I think. Way to make it your own. Also, great job at keeping such good time without a metronome or backing track. Looking forward to hearing more from you, don't be a stranger.

G

godlistrom

Nice. That had more of a country swing feel to it than the normal one, but I liked it even better I think. Way to make it your own. Also, great job at keeping such good time without a metronome or backing track. Looking forward to hearing more from you, don't be a stranger.

Thank Spencer l love this comment

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Very, very nice Godli.  I agree with Spencer.  That was a great rockabilly tone you gave it.

L

Lame_Pinkey

Yeah most definitely got that swing & feel about it sort of a Southern-country rock type  of thing - nice Godli !

LP

G

godlistrom

I liked very much this lesson. Really nice to listen and play.

Thank you for your comments. I wish you Merry Christmas!

Philippe

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
Well done Godlistrom... you obviously have all the notes down... Perhaps you might like to consider what I said about Big Sugar Hopkins' (BSH) version of this one... I think this is one blues which actually sounds better with the 'swing' minimized or eliminated altogether!

But as I also said, it is also up to you to play it how you feel it! Just consider the difference, is all I'm saying...

Anyway, you've certainly earned one of these:

[smiley=beer.gif]

G

godlistrom

Well done Godlistrom... you obviously have all the notes down... Perhaps you might like to consider what I said about Big Sugar Hopkins' (BSH) version of this one... I think this is one blues which actually sounds better with the 'swing' minimized or eliminated altogether!

But as I also said, it is also up to you to play it how you feel it! Just consider the difference, is all I'm saying...

Anyway, you've certainly earned one of these:

[smiley=beer.gif]

I understand what you mean. Thank you for this constructive comment  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=dankk2.gif]

L

Lame_Pinkey

As with the lesson itself, as presented, it is done without the swing but both Phillipe's & BSH's version shows what can be done with single note bass patterns.So whilst you may continue on to get the "straight"  feel, you don't ever want to lose the skill to play the same thing with a swing feel - it is definitely another arrow in your quiver   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

LP

KevenKanten

Blues Newbie
okay, its my ear. tell me. I've listened to this numerous times now and am I hearing right that in the first play through, did you accidentally double time the picking at part of a bar or is it just me?

I actually liked it. I think this was the effect that got you the comment about a sort of coutry/rockbilly sound.  :)