Encyclopedia of scale patterns

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I just noticed that the introduction of both the Slow Blues Feel and the Shuffle Feel has "five Pentatonic 6 boxes" shown in the Encyclopedia of scale patterns. Griff just says that he uses these. Does anyone have more of a discussion of these 5 boxes and how to use them? (one of the boxes is box 6 - but I figured it's a typo and should be box 5)

Then after those five boxes are two more. The "3+2" Major Patter and the "2+3" minor pattern. This looks more familiar from all of the different examples in the different lesson but I can't put my hand on them. Anyone have info on these? The "2+3" minor patter just looks like the Pentatonic Slide........

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
3+2 is i part of the BGU Bonus material (rut Busters) that was once part of a special deal. IT may be somewhere else too, but I'm not sure.
Pentatonic 6 may have been one of Griff's freebies, but again I'm not sure.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Pentatonic 6 is one of the BGU Insiders bonuses.

pent6.jpg

My favorite use of the Pentatonic 6th is as a counterpoint to the minor to major 3rd move. A hammer on or slide from the flat 3rd to the 3rd moves you from minor sound to major sound and a hammer or slide from the 6th to the flat 7th moves you from the major sound to the minor sound.

If that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll post an example.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
3+2 is i part of the BGU Bonus material (rut Busters) that was once part of a special deal. IT may be somewhere else too, but I'm not sure.
Pentatonic 6 may have been one of Griff's freebies, but again I'm not sure.
Thanks Mike, I've got Rut Busters. I'll check it out again! :thumbup:

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Pentatonic 6 is one of the BGU Insiders bonuses.

View attachment 999

My favorite use of the Pentatonic 6th is as a counterpoint to the minor to major 3rd move. A hammer on or slide from the flat 3rd to the 3rd moves you from minor sound to major sound and a hammer or slide from the 6th to the flat 7th moves you from the major sound to the minor sound.

If that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll post an example.
Thanks Jalapeno! I've got that in my secret handshake folder............!! :Beer:

I'll check it out!! :Beer: