Email Issues

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Not Receiving Emails?
FROM GRIFF:
Hi All,

I've heard a LOT of complaints from folks not receiving my emails lately... and, sadly, it's a bit out of my hands, and I'll explain why...

1. Spammers
2. Spammers
3. Spammers
4. Spammers

and finally,

5. Spammers

Those people that send you unsolicited emails for some sort of enhancement or millions of dollars in small, unmarked bills, have really messed things up for the rest of us trying to do it the right way.

As some have noticed, I've started trying to post a lot on Facebook, and of course here, as well as sending emails. I don't intend to phase email out, not now and not ever unless something radically better comes along. I love email and I don't want to stop using it.

Here's the slightly longer version:
I have to use a service to send emails because I send a lot and I can't just send them from my gmail account. People can automagically sign themselves up for my list from a variety of sources so I have to be careful with the email addresses that come in - you'd be surprised how many are nothing more than robots trying to catch me and frame me as a spammer.

When my service sends out the email, your ESP (email service provider - Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Aol, etc.) takes a look at it before delivering it to you. Your ESP may do one of a few things:
1 - just deliver it as you would expect
2 - put it in your "spam" folder
3 - drop it on the floor and never give a chance to decide.

More and more, option 3 is happening. The email isn't in your inbox, and it's not in your spam folder - it's just GONE and you never had a chance.

What can you do?

The main thing, if you use one of the big few email services (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol) is to have my email address - griff@bluesguitarunleashed.com - in your address book or whitelist. If you don't know how to do that, just google "adding an email address to my whitelist in (insert email provider here)" and there are easy to follow directions.

Past that - use your voice! I can email your ESP all day long and tell them I'm a good guy, but simply because of the volume of emails I send, they assume I must be doing something a little less than above-board. Never mind that I've been growing this list through almost daily communication for over a decade - nah, it couldn't be that. Who would do such a thing?

If you get in touch with the support for your ESP and ask them why you are not receiving my emails, it makes a difference. And if enough people who use hotmail/gmail/yahoo/etc complain, things will change.

Believe me, it's as frustrating to me as it is to you. Our support replies don't get through and we have to make phone calls which takes longer and has to be arranged around reasonable hours (I love to answer emails at 2am - turns out people don't like phone calls at that time!)

Some of you are more technically inclined than I am, and you may have other suggestions or know of other "tricks" to get the emails delivered. If you do, please enlighten us all and share them here.

Thanks for understanding and know that I will do whatever I can to ensure that those emails get through.

A SUGGESTION FROM ELIO

Here is my advice:
If someone wants to stop receiving emails they should use the unsubscribe option that is provided. Do not press the junk or spam button as dozens or hundreds of others can be unknowingly affected
If you are not receiving Griff's emails, and your address is subscribed, contact your email service provider to let them know that Griff's address should be whitelisted. I have had to do that many times for my brother in law when one subscriber hits the junk button but they respond much more quickly is their customer complaints versus the person sending the emails.​

Get Back On The List
Have you found that you aren't getting my emails anymore and you want to?

Sometimes emails bounce or things go wrong and you get removed from the email list, but never fear!

You can enter your email address on this page:
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/get-on-the-list/

And you'll start getting emails again. Simple!
Help Desk Info
Phone: 877-662-5837
Email: helpdesk@bluesguitarunleashed.com
Easier Access...

Last edited:

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
EDIT 1-7-2021: After a very interesting conversation with my email sender, it turns out that those of you on "non public" servers are more likely to miss my emails...

The best delivery option is gmail, with aol and yahoo in 2nd place. Those of you with custom domains, the delivery is all over the place on those, they are very inconsistent.

Stephanie-NoelDodt

Blues Newbie
I am on Earthlink and have been for years, which is unusual for a Northerner. I have no trouble getting you e-mails whether they are your daily ones or regarding orders.

This is a bit off topic, but when are you restoring your avatar to that beautiful Irish Setter (or Dark Golden Retriever)? He reminds me of an absolutely wonderful dog I had.

Claude G.

Blues Newbie
Hi everyone

I didn’t reçoive anti email nor any Facebook post from Griff since January 26th 2021. It seems that some have been sent since. I went through the steps to reestablish bluesguitarunleashed on my gmail whitelist but nothing was received. Can somebody help me please?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi everyone

I didn’t reçoive anti email nor any Facebook post from Griff since January 26th 2021. It seems that some have been sent since. I went through the steps to reestablish bluesguitarunleashed on my gmail whitelist but nothing was received. Can somebody help me please?

I haven't received any blog posts for the past couple of days either. Feb 10 was the last one I got. Jan 26th is a long time and I KNOW there have been lots since then. Maybe his email service is acting up?
I'd try using the instructions for getting your email re-registered that Griff has on this page.

DonHall

Blues Newbie
Thanks for this...the last email I got was the one about Fender (Griff's dog) and I thought maybe Griff went on a mourning hiatus. But, for a month?

Miles

Blues Newbie
I have not received an email from Griff since 28th July entitled "I wanted to make this easier". I use gmail which should be the most reliable. They are not going into the spam folder.

Have I missed much?

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
@Miles Check the link @jmin provided a few posts back at #5.

This takes you to a "Sticky Thread" in "General Music & Guitar Learning" titled "Griff's - Email Archives for 2021", thanks to @PapaRaptor.

DavidCayTex

Lovin’ every minute of it
Today’s Live emails.
I did receive email 12 hours before but just now received the 30 minute before one: 7:00pm CDT (5:00pm PDT) 3 hours late.

But I was in attendance.

Agatsu

Blues Newbie
Not Receiving Emails?
FROM GRIFF:
Hi All,

I've heard a LOT of complaints from folks not receiving my emails lately... and, sadly, it's a bit out of my hands, and I'll explain why...

1. Spammers
2. Spammers
3. Spammers
4. Spammers

and finally,

5. Spammers

Those people that send you unsolicited emails for some sort of enhancement or millions of dollars in small, unmarked bills, have really messed things up for the rest of us trying to do it the right way.

As some have noticed, I've started trying to post a lot on Facebook, and of course here, as well as sending emails. I don't intend to phase email out, not now and not ever unless something radically better comes along. I love email and I don't want to stop using it.

Here's the slightly longer version:
I have to use a service to send emails because I send a lot and I can't just send them from my gmail account. People can automagically sign themselves up for my list from a variety of sources so I have to be careful with the email addresses that come in - you'd be surprised how many are nothing more than robots trying to catch me and frame me as a spammer.

When my service sends out the email, your ESP (email service provider - Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Aol, etc.) takes a look at it before delivering it to you. Your ESP may do one of a few things:
1 - just deliver it as you would expect
2 - put it in your "spam" folder
3 - drop it on the floor and never give a chance to decide.

More and more, option 3 is happening. The email isn't in your inbox, and it's not in your spam folder - it's just GONE and you never had a chance.

What can you do?

The main thing, if you use one of the big few email services (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol) is to have my email address - griff@bluesguitarunleashed.com - in your address book or whitelist. If you don't know how to do that, just google "adding an email address to my whitelist in (insert email provider here)" and there are easy to follow directions.

Past that - use your voice! I can email your ESP all day long and tell them I'm a good guy, but simply because of the volume of emails I send, they assume I must be doing something a little less than above-board. Never mind that I've been growing this list through almost daily communication for over a decade - nah, it couldn't be that. Who would do such a thing?

If you get in touch with the support for your ESP and ask them why you are not receiving my emails, it makes a difference. And if enough people who use hotmail/gmail/yahoo/etc complain, things will change.

Believe me, it's as frustrating to me as it is to you. Our support replies don't get through and we have to make phone calls which takes longer and has to be arranged around reasonable hours (I love to answer emails at 2am - turns out people don't like phone calls at that time!)

Some of you are more technically inclined than I am, and you may have other suggestions or know of other "tricks" to get the emails delivered. If you do, please enlighten us all and share them here.

Thanks for understanding and know that I will do whatever I can to ensure that those emails get through.

A SUGGESTION FROM ELIO

Here is my advice:
If someone wants to stop receiving emails they should use the unsubscribe option that is provided. Do not press the junk or spam button as dozens or hundreds of others can be unknowingly affected
If you are not receiving Griff's emails, and your address is subscribed, contact your email service provider to let them know that Griff's address should be whitelisted. I have had to do that many times for my brother in law when one subscriber hits the junk button but they respond much more quickly is their customer complaints versus the person sending the emails.​

Get Back On The List
Have you found that you aren't getting my emails anymore and you want to?

Sometimes emails bounce or things go wrong and you get removed from the email list, but never fear!

You can enter your email address on this page:
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/get-on-the-list/

And you'll start getting emails again. Simple!
Help Desk Info
Phone: 877-662-5837
Email: helpdesk@bluesguitarunleashed.com
Easier Access...
This has not worked either. I am about done.