Elio's Voodoo Monday

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I finally got this one down but I can't believe how many takes I needed to record it. Getting a good take has been like watching the Three Stooges put together a folding cot. As soon as one part comes together the other end flips up and causes a problem. On this one I goofed up a bend and snagged my finger on a slide, but I am going to call it a day. Let me know what you think and thank you for listening!

http://drspinello.com/bgu#vdmo

johnc

systematic
Lol, that is funny, but I can relate to what you are saying about making a clean recording. Some days it just won't happen but feels so good when we finally jag it after all the work.
I enjoyed listening thankyou. I am not familiar with the lesson but what I heard sounded like you are making great progress with it and your playing generally..

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Well done Elio! I stopped trying to get a perfect recording as it wastes way too much of my time doing take after take. My philosophy now is that I am taking a snapshot of where I am at this moment so I start the recorder, do 3 takes and the best one gets posted. If none of them are good enough to post then I still need work so back to the woodshed.

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Elio I really liked that. There are some very cool licks in there. I think this may be my next challenge as soon as I clean up a couple other lessons. Thanks for that. BTW, I really get stage fright as soon as I turn on a recorder and don't know why. I have played in front of live audiences and seem to be OK (save when I played at BGU LIve) but record and I choke.